Thread: Game Processing

Default Game Processing

Anyone have any suggestions for processing a mosse around Fairbanks? Prices reasonable or any other thoughts? If you would rather PM; that is fine.

thanks

Default Processing Game

Well I don't know about mosse but perhaps Moose could be processed at the Interior Alaska Fish Processors on Davis Road. They have a pretty quick turn around and a priced fair. Good luck, try their breakfast sausage with the Moose.

Interior Fish Processors does all big game. You might want to check out McPeak's out on Badger Road too. I've had meat done at both places and been happy with the results.

McPeak's usually doesn't start accepting game for processing until about mid October or later, but you should call them to make sure.
    Now what ?

Default Does this mean....

Quote Originally Posted by BearSlayer View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for processing a mosse around Fairbanks? Prices reasonable or any other thoughts? If you would rather PM; that is fine.

thanks
    You were successful with your bow?

I used Interior Fish last year, and they did pretty good. I am going to give it a shot and do it myself this year. They averaged about $1/lb of meat received. I did steaks/roasts/burger with bone-in roasts and steaks.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Default Meat Processing

I used BY Farms for my sheep this year and moose last year. I have used them for other game as well. They have always done a great job with a pretty good turnaround. I haven't compared prices this year because I didn't get the chance to moose hunt but they were very competitive last year. They are just off the highway if your heading towards north pole from fairbanks.