Thread: bell carlson

Default bell carlson

anyone have experience with the basic synthetic stock. Am purchasing one for L61r sako, 3006. The mannlicher stock is beautiful,but ridiculous for accuracy.

I have had one on a Rem 700 for about 20 yrs. I am very pleased with the one I have. I wish I could find one for my Tikka t3 hunter.

Ive had a Bell and Carlson on my FN mauser in .300 win.mag. for about 18 years.Never any problems ,,great stock.

Default B&C stock

Nothing wrong with the old style Classic B&C. But, I've noticed the forend portion on them is a little flexible so can touch the barrel if pressure is placed very far forward as with off hand shooting or on a rest. This can negate the efforts of a free floated barrel. With some work during glass bedding the forend can be stiffened. But this is a little iffy. A better possibility (and some more $) would be to use the B&C Medalist that has an aluminum bedding block similar to the HS Precision system. All this of course if the Medalist is made for your rifle?? The next step up would be the HS Precision, then the McMillan. The HS Precision is very stiff and rugged but heavier with the McMillan being towards the top of the line in quality and price. The bottom line may be finding a stock that fits your action (or can be fitted) in addtion to fitting the budget.

Oh I have just got to say this, I got a heck of a deal on a Carbelite for an Enfield action-namely for the Remington model 30. Essentially the same rifle. The darn stock is not applicable without alot of scarfing or hogging out. Other than a winter project that it now has become it sure is a lite peice. As George mentioned about the forend of B&C I too may look at something different to house my barreled action. Custom perhaps. Gots to be happy.

good day,

Default B&C stock

I have one on a Mod 70 30-06 and it works fine. I did glass bed it may not be required if the fit is good. My Mod 70 is a featherweight. I am not a fan of plastic stocks but they do work.

Default bell carlson

Thank you all for the responses, am anxious to get to the range with handloads . Thank you for making me aware of the flexible forend.
    The medalist will be my next purchase for a custom action, Ed