Thread: Sako model 75

Default Sako model 75

I was looking at some MODEL 75 SAKOS is this a good action, also has it been discontinued? I saw one in a finnlight stainless 243 for $800.00. That sounded llike a fair price?

The Sako 75 is a great action and it has been replaced by the 85. I heard someone say they thought the 75 action o be better an also heard rumors they may return to it. Just a rumor right now.

Default Sako

Real class actions and rifles all the way around .

Default sako 75

I have 4 sako 75's and am very happy with them. They all shoot very well and have never had any negative issues in any way. $800 for a finnlight is a very good deal as most used 75's bring $1000 or more if they're in good shape.
    You won't be disappointed with a sako 75.

Default Sako 75

Its sounds like a good offer, I saw it on Gunbroker I believe? The problem is its not a dealer, the person just joined, also I would have to use a money order. I can't talk myself into sending $800.00 plus shipping to a private individual with no feedback. He is probably very honest but I just can't do it, I've purchased guns thru that site before but it was from dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by pahoghunter View Post
    Its sounds like a good offer, I saw it on Gunbroker I believe? The problem is its not a dealer, the person just joined, also I would have to use a money order. I can't talk myself into sending $800.00 plus shipping to a private individual with no feedback. He is probably very honest but I just can't do it, I've purchased guns thru that site before but it was from dealers.

I will ditto what others here say about the Sako 75 and Sakos in general I've owned many of them. The finest rifle for the money anywhere. I just recently bought one, an older 1988 A-V in 338 Win. I have bought many off Gunbroker and GunsAmerica. They have a good rep. But if you have doubts get a phone number and talk to the guy directly, that usually helps. I don't send money with out a phone conversation. Also an individual can ship it directly to your FFL, if your FFL is happy with that. (no handguns) $800 is a steal for any model 75 unless it has been dragged behind a truck. The Finnlight is a lovely little rifle.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

The Sako 75 is a fine model. Make no mistake if it says "Sako" it's going to shoot & please! The 85 is also a sweet piece of gear & very slick! I personally prefer the 85 but that's me