Thread: NNN Binding idea

Default NNN Binding idea

I have searched and don't believe anything like this exists, but I was thinking about a crampon (no spikes) like apparatus that you would strap to the stiff boot of your choice and in the front of that system there would be a hook up for an BC NNN binding. So one could take mountaineering boots (plastic or leather) and step into skis like my Rossi BC 70s. My Alpina BC boots are okay on skiing with, but if I have to hike or anything like that, they are not comfortable.

Anyone ever seen a strap on system like that? (not sure if my description made sense)

Found these:

http://www.akers-ski.com/Merchant2/m...Code=bcbinding

but they suggest a boot with a flexible sole.
    Last edited by hre814; 01-10-2009 at 13:26. Reason: more info

How about rondenee bindings, aka alpine touring? The older silvretta 404 bindings will accept mountaineering boots.

The problem you'll find is that any boot flexible enough to walk in will be misserable for skiing as it isn't stiff enough to ski in. I'd thought a pair of mini downhill skis would be a fun way to descend after hiking up trails in my mountaineering boots, but I didn't take into account the flexibility of the boots. It's miserable trying to descend in a flexible boot.

i have an alpine touring setup. i wasn't looking for a setup for making turns, but rather a setup i could ski to a place with, get off my skis and hike. my alpina boots are not that great for the hiking portion. also sometimes hiking up is easier with boots, and strapping skis to pack, and when coming back skiing out.

I was simply thinking it would be easier to use moutaineering boots in a/t skis than to try and add an NNN adapter to moutaineering boots.

While it is a pain, the best solution is to carry your boots in a pack, and change into them when you pull off the skis, and vice versa when you ski out.

Hiking in ski boots, and skiing in hiking boots are both compromises that are unpleasant at best.

yeah, the packing of the hiking boots is what it boiled down to for now.

Default berwin bindings

Those bindings will work for what you want to do. I know they suggest a boot with a flexible sole, but I know they've been used with bunny boots and plastic mountaineering boots as well.

FWIW, I worked as a ski tech here in town for a long time.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa