Thread: Death times 3

Default Death times 3

3rd year in a row that deer here in SE are getting pounded by winter.

I thought that they were making a decent little rebound this last spring, but this winter is already moving in on them hard.

I hope ADF&G is keeping an eye on this.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Default Way to much snow

I moved down here from Wasilla in the spring following the record snowfalls two winters ago. I missed the record snows thankfully. I admit last year was bad but I have seen just as bad 19 yrs ago back up north. I remember it taking a tole on the moose population in the Mat Su valley. This year in Juneau however is unlike anything Ive ever seen. Im snowblowing every morning and evening going on almost two weeks straight minus one clear day and night. Last night I put the snow blower away at 8pm after 2 hrs clearing the driveway and woke at 6am to shovel my way through 18 new inches of new snow just to find then start my truck for work. Get home tonight and start the process all over. Every single day! This is INSANE! The deer are gonna have a rough go of it this year for sure. Anyone know the total inches this year is so far?

Lungshot -

Belated welcome to the capital.

This is very similar to the snows we had three years ago. Nonstop removal.

The upside is that this is a very dry snow for Juneau. It's a whole lot lighter.

I'm not sure what the total amount is, but I'll probably clear the roof again soon. ... and see if my neighbor wants theirs done too.

I was just saying this spring that the deer were looking like they were rebounding okay. ... now this.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Default currently wet

Today in Sitka the warm SE weather is moving in and everything is melting really quick. I had a deer in front of the house yesterday. They are surviving for now but it's still a few months till they are clearly out of winter. I heard that Juneau was getting the worst of this cold snowy weather.

Bighorse - glad to hear that it's not region wide. Otherwise everyone will be down on POW again.