Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cuddy cabin boat list??

Default cuddy cabin boat list??

hi again!..well, i am awash in boat dealers...i was wondering if you guys can help me out here! it seems everytime i start looking at boats the list goes on and on!!...we are looking for a 26-28 footer(9.6 beam max) that has a standalone head, twin 150's, stove, fridge as the basics!..can you add to this list of boat builders on the west coast?

kingfisher
    glacier craft
    seawolf
    eaglecraft
    northwest aluminum

i have looked at more, but have to start the boat file, as they are all starting to "blend together"!!

also, if you have one of these boats, can you tell me WHY you picked a certain one?...was it the cost, reputation etc?.....thanks larry

Hey BC,
    I've done some looking myself for when I upgrade. Out of your list I would pick...Glaciercraft then Sea wolf. But I am assuming you're down in BC so I would also look at Silver streak down that way and Motion Marine. I ruled out Kingfishers because IMHO it's just a production boat and for the price of one (up here atleast) you can get a 27' Glaciercraft. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Last edited by ken210; 01-09-2009 at 17:35. Reason: I r dumb

Add Raider to the list. Buddy has one, very very much like the Hewescraft except he drove down to Oregon and picked it up. Saved about 15-20k over Dewey's Hewes. It doesn't measure up to the glacier craft boats I looked at but it did the job this year fishing and a early November deer hunt. Have fun looking. If not for a personal situation I was an r c h away from buyin a 26' Coho Glaciercraft last month, awesome looking boats.

Take a look at Boulton. They make some nice boats, at a reasonable price.

Default Check out a Wooldridge...

Default lifetimer

You might want to have a look at lifetimer boats. They are made in Duncan BC and have made boat for several years. The will customize it to what you want. I have seen a few in action and the seem pretty good.
    http://www.lifetimer.bc.ca

NorthRiver, Alumaweld, Fish-Rite and Motion Marine all make custom boats in the size you are looking for, Motion Marine being top of the line and more money.
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com

Default Once U get it down to a short list...

approach each builder and ask them how they would handle warranty work. Will any work/repairs to the vessel have to be done at their factory, or do they have a reprersentaive shop or dealer in your immediate area, and if not, just how they would would deal your claim.
    SeaULater

Default boats

i second wooldridge & motion marine.......they're willing to do custom work & work with you......they might be a little more, but you'll get a quality product & great customer service from both....

Be sure to check out Stabi-Craft. They make some fine boats and are well worth the money. These pics are of their 829 GIII Weekender which would be right up your alley. This is a 28'er. Here's a direct link to this model.

http://www.stabicraft.com/Product.as...829SCWEEKENDER

Here's their 29'4" 859 SC too. Very nice...

ok, so far:......

kingfisher
    glaciercraft
    seawolf
    eaglecrest
    northwest alumunim
    stabi-craft
    wooldridge
    motion marine
    northriver
    alumaweld
    fish-rite
    lifetimer
    boultan
    raider
    hewescraft
    silverstreak
    ........etc!..holy crap batman!!! LOL!

ask, and you shall receive! thanks guys!...have my hands full now!..have to admit at the moment, being the rookie i am i am partial to the GC, Seawolf and lifetimer, but have never really looked at the others, or even knew about them..."boultan?.. --YET!!..Let the adventure begin!.....thanks again larry

Default acb

acb (aluminum chambered boats) built in bellingham

One of my dream boats...if fiberglass works. ..But break out the big coin........

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boa....jsp?boatid=16

Mark

excav8tr i can't believe it took that long to mention ACB

Default cuddy cabin

If your cashed up check out "Islands Marine Center in Lopez Wash. They sell an "Ocean Sport" that is nicer than anything Ive ever seen!

If not so flush, be sure to look over the C-Dory's (Fluid Marine), lot's of bang for the buck. We love our's. Big enough to be practical, small enough to be practical, easily towed (avoiding slip fees) comfortable, all amenities, economical to run, bla, bla bla. If you want detailed input P.M me and I won't bore the general population with excessive drissle!
    Mike

If you are in BC do yourself a favor and run up to Campbell River and see Steve Daigle at Daigle Welding and Marine AKA EagleCraft. You may spend a little more money but you will get exactly what you want, on time. Not a better aluminum boat built.

SB

Default Who needs that much velcro?

Why would anyone need that much velcro? These guys sell it by the roll http://www.liangdianup.com/miscellaneous_1.htm and is
    hook and look and velcro the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by bcriverhunter View Post
    ok, so far:......

kingfisher
    glaciercraft
    seawolf
    eaglecrest
    northwest alumunim
    stabi-craft
    wooldridge
    motion marine
    northriver
    alumaweld
    fish-rite
    lifetimer
    boultan
    raider
    hewescraft
    silverstreak
    ........etc!..holy crap batman!!! LOL!

ask, and you shall receive! thanks guys!...have my hands full now!..have to admit at the moment, being the rookie i am i am partial to the GC, Seawolf and lifetimer, but have never really looked at the others, or even knew about them..."boultan?.. --YET!!..Let the adventure begin!.....thanks again larry
    Well Larry,

So much for the short list

ok, here is the "final" list?!!

kingfisher
    glaciercraft(top 4)
    seawolf(top 4)
    eaglecrest(oops, eaglecraft, thanks Sharkbait!)
    northwest alumunim
    stabi-craft
    wooldridge
    motion marine
    northriver
    alumaweld
    fish-rite
    lifetimer(top 4)
    boultan
    raider
    hewescraft
    silverstreak(in my top four now)
    ACB(very nice too)
    islands marine
    parkerboats
    C-dory

ok, better stop there!...still havent even looked at half these boats!!...not getting any sleep now! thanks guys!

ps, and soemthing about "velcro??"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast