View Poll Results: What day of the week and time would best fit your schedule?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 14.29%
  • Tuesday

1 14.29%
  • Wednesday

1 14.29%
  • Thursday

1 14.29%
  • Friday

1 14.29%
  • Saturday

5 71.43%
  • Sunday

3 42.86%
  • Would you come?

3 42.86%
  • Afternoon 1200-1600

4 57.14%
  • Evening 1800-200

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Deployed get together on FOB Warhorse

Default Deployed get together on FOB Warhorse

I know a lot of the deployed hunters visit this site frequently. I figured this would be the best place to pitch a get-together.

Wayne Kubat, the producer of Love, Thunder and bull, is donating a bull magnet and a few videos to us.

I would like to set up a gathering of hunters here on FOB Warhorse to raffle the gifts of and I will demonstrate some moose calling techniques. The raffle items will all be free, you just need to attend. Everyone who attends is more than welcome to demonstrate their techniques as well. If folks want to send me pictures of hunts or game taken, I will throw together a slideshow and each person can tell their story.

I added a poll to see when we can get the most folks together. PM me if you have pictures you would like to add to the presentation. I will not limit photos to just moose. Show off your rams, deer, bou or any other Alaskan animal.

If we get a big enough turn out, I will arrange for neer beers and snacks.

Default hey

Sounds like a cool idea if all the hunters could make it. I work from midnight tell noon in the TOC.
    Good intent. Thanks and keep it up. I saw your moose hunt pics from last year. Nice bulls.
    Jason

Default gathering

well would love to make it but im only there one day every two weeks. would love to show but dont know when i will be back next. if anything send out PM to every one that responds on when and where and maybe i can make it. great idea hope i can make it

Default Call and DVDs are in

I received a box today from Wayne Kubat with a moose call and some DVDs. I will be putting the event together for the middle of next month. Please spread the word around that it is coming. I will post the event date on here in the next week.

So far it looks like saturday afternoon is the best time.

Default Pitching in

AFHunter

I will toss a certificate in for a FREE three day raft rental for 2009 May through August. Any Boat or Cataraft we have available

After you have set your get shoot me a PM and I will email you a cert to be given away.

Great idea for all the corrct reason.

Blue Moose
    Last edited by BlueMoose; 01-22-2009 at 13:01. Reason: word smithing

Default Gathering

Great idea Rodney. Saturdays work for me, I am pretty flexible though. Let me know when and where. If you need a place I can probably reserve a spot. Let me know anyway I can help. Might be sending you some pics too.

Ryan

Sounds great. You can count me in and my schedule is pretty flexible

Charlie

Any time is good for me, just post the time and place
    David

Default just my thoughts

Where is Warhorse? I am at COP Zulu--in the Wasit Providence

Default FRI, 27 Mar @ 1600

OK guys. I have the BDE chapel reserved for Friday 27 Mar @ 1600. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

If anyone wants to send photos for inclusion, send to the e-mail address below.

I need someone other than myself to do some show and tell. Photos are open to any Alaskan big game species.

I need a projector if anyone can help me out.

rodney.pangborn@us.army.mil

Sounds great. You can count me. What time does it end?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Are any of you guys going to do the Bowtech Deployed Soldier program? In looking around archery talk there was a range set up at Warhorse at one time. Not sure if it is still there or not though. If not and some of you guys are ordering bows I will toss some cash at getting a couple target shipped to you. I can't imagine it would be that hard to get approval to set up a range over there.

PS, if any of you are at a location with a level 3 CSH let me know, and when I come through lunch is on me.
    -Jon

Lujon,

We have two bow ranges on Warhorse att. Lot's of bows have showed up in the mail over the past few months.

The get together ends when it ends--I anticipate an hour or so.

I have not received any pictures from successfull hunters, so it may be short.

Come on guys--help the novice hunters and even the not-so-novice hunters out. Everyone can learn something.

Default Taxidermist also

We will have a taxidermist at the gathering tonight.

I have had a couple guys ask if we could push the start time to 1630, due to meetings. 1630 is the new start time.

I have a few photos from guys. If you get me your stuff in the next hour I will include it.

On another note; ODD/Mike has offered up some books from the bookstore for us over here.

What I need is a POC that can kinda head this head up. I am outta Iraq in three weeks, so I would not be the best POC.

Feel free to put your name here if you want to be the center guy that everyone can come to and get the books. The books are to stay here and not be brought home with a soldier.

Post what books you would like out of the bookstore.

Default Odd poc

I have volunteered to be the POC for the books from the ODD bookstore that Mike has offered. Please let me know what specific books everyone would like to have in the MWR Library. You can send me a PM and I will get the list to Mike.
    Thanks.

Ryan