Thread: Rhino with litefoot tracks (mattrack)

Default Rhino with litefoot tracks (mattrack)

I know there are guys running tracks on Rhino's and would like to hear from all. I am looking at getting the 09 Rhino with the new Litefoot track 42"x13" with 1-3/4" lug mostly for summer and fall use.Any input would be helpful.Like if the Litefoots are built as good as I think any Pros or Cons other then the normal ie.harder to turn,gas consumption.I know that the Camoplast is suppose to be good as well. I just know Mattracks have been making tracks for trucks for a long time. I know they are not cheap but I will pay for the dependability.Thanks in advance

To my knowledge the Litefoots run about $7000 or so, the Tatou 4S which is quite popular here in Alaska runs about $3500. The price alone stops a lot of folks from buying the Litefoots, what advantage they may have I don't know.

Give Shannon a call over at Alaska Extreme Motorsports, he runs a Rhino w/ the Tatou 4S tracks and is a dealer I believe.

http://alaskaextrememotorsports.com/
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I have an 09 450 running TJD Cattracks. I run mine winter only, since I heard some horror stories of running them in the summer. In the mud, they do work better, but if you get stuck, you REALLY get stuck, and you're breaking things pulling it out. Also, in order to keep the track assembly from rotating all the way around the wheel well, they have a limiter assembly that sandwiches the upper and lower a-arms. This limits your approach and departure angles. It looks to me if you hit a big hole or were going over a log, it would bend the A-arms.

In the winter however, I thing they work great with a few limitations. I burn about 50-75% more fuel on hardpack (lots of rotational friction) They weigh about 80 lbs per track. I also only get about 10-14 mph max under best conditions. In the powder, it really slows down. It will do very well, and go just about anywhere, but it's pretty slow. Additionally, I'm sure I'm really stressing the engine and drivetrain (belt) since it is such a strain to keep them moving for the 450, pretty much WOT the whole time.

I have a buddy with a Ranger (bigger motor, don't remember the size) with tracks, and he has to run his in low range all the time, otherwise he burns belts pretty quick.

I have a set of mattrack m3's on a polaris mv7(you won't find a bigger atv) and they are virtually unstopable. I have them on for year round use and have seen the evidence of others getting stuck trying to follow my tracks. Worth the difference? You bet. The quality is first rate but more important the customer service is hassel free.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the input