Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ice fishing rods

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ANCH.
    Posts
    488

    Default ice fishing rods

    My buddies thought I was crazy everytime I would find a broken fishing pole, while out n about, and I would save it. They became mt suppliers though after they saw what I use them for. I take the top of a broken pole, if it is still good ie;no cracks, eyes not damaged, etc., and shorten it to about 2 1/2 feet long. I then take a broken butt end and remove old piece that protrudes from the handle/reel seat. I then put the 2 pieces together, shim if nesessary, glue with rubber cement, make sure you line up eyes with reel seat! After cement is set, I seal with a thin coat of fingernail polish. I usaully take 4 or 5 of these poles with me ice fishing, so if I or anyone else breaks a pole they become the cheapest on the spot replacement rod available. Best of all IT HELPS CLEAN UP THE FISHING BANKS DURING THE SUMMER!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Member SoggyMountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bait Station, Alaska 99801
    Posts
    861

    Default

    I like it except I'd worry about having my fingernail polish fall out of my coat pocket when I was in public.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    I like it except I'd worry about having my fingernail polish fall out of my coat pocket when I was in public.
    I can assure you, it is quite embarassing.

    PS:
    The cheapest, funkiest crank reels make the best ones for ice fishing as well. No frilly deals to freeze up.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •