Thread: FIE muzzleloaders?

Default FIE muzzleloaders?

Anyone out there know anything about FIE? I just got back from my parents and my Dad has one in a .45 with about a 36" barrel. It will shoot PRB's in one ragged hole at 50 yds- I think they are an itallian made rifle but im not sure. It really handles good for a long barreled gun and a good trigger to boot. Any info would be appretiated.

Quote Originally Posted by aknewbie View Post
    Anyone out there know anything about FIE? I just got back from my parents and my Dad has one in a .45 with about a 36" barrel. It will shoot PRB's in one ragged hole at 50 yds- I think they are an itallian made rifle but im not sure. It really handles good for a long barreled gun and a good trigger to boot. Any info would be appretiated.
    I recall that FIE was/is an importer of all sorts of guns including muzzleloaders from all sorts of manufacturers. Parts for some are available from Numrich, but I can't find any current listings for the company. They may be out of business or perhaps changed their name. I googled FIE muzzleloaders, and I came up with this and a bunch more listing. I've never handled one, but your accuracy report is tantalizing.

Default That is it.....

That was the gun I was referring to. I dont really know why, but I was absolutely tickled with that rifle- just really fun to shoot I guess. 65gr of 2f 440rb& .10 patch just burned ragged holes at 50 yards! Talking to Dad some more said that he bought it in the mid 70's when they opened a muzzleloader only deer season back home and had accounted for 4 deer before he picked up a T/C Seneca in .45- much nicer gun and about 2lbs lighter to boot. But I kept trying to get him to give up the FIE to me- yeah right.........

Photos would be useful. I started shooting traditional muzzleloaders in the early 70s and have handled the good, the bad and the ugly from that time!