Thread: RANGER Owners

Default RANGER Owners

If you own a RANGER, Check out the Social Group I started - Polaris RANGER Owners Group & if your interested send me a PM and I'll invite you in.

Dave

ranger guy here...might want to hit up mthayer as well...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Kort is onboard as well.

FYI Anyone in the Anchorage area wanna get together and ride let me know. I roll with a crew of 6+ rangers, rhino's and prowlers. We do some pretty wicked rides from Willow to Eureka.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I'm a Ranger RZR owner, if the little brothers are welcome, I'll join

Count me in.

99 series "old" Ranger

By the way. Last fall I was reminded again why I like my old style Ranger. Did not know I lost the regulator when I was a long walk from the highway. It was "just a day trip" so didn't pack the usual recovery stuff along with the jumper box/air compressor. Also decided to both ride in the Ranger and not take a second rig. Lost the winch just as we hit dry ground coming out of a hole(broken wire inside remote). Thought I smelt a "weird" burnt odor a few miles later. Found out that was the regulator frying. The machine just up and dies later. Luckily we were within earshot of the highway by then. About 5 minutes goes by with only a click from the starter when I grab the recoil and give it a pull. Bam!! It fires and we haul butt to the highway. It dies as we hit the shoulder. That's when I figured out we had been running on the battery for who knows how long. The battery had just enough power to run the fuel pump, but not enough for the pump and the fan. Waited for the engine to cool off, pulled the rope, and flew back to the truck. It really is a shame the new ones don't have a recoil. Really saved some headaches that day.

Default New owner here

Bought an 09 6x6 Ranger in the fall after moose season. I was tired of staying wet on the ATV. Put a cab and doors on the 6x6 and Mud Lites and am looking forward to getting it out in the spring. Looking forward to hearing about all experiences with the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by ak4dr4x4 View Post
    Bought an 09 6x6 Ranger in the fall after moose season. I was tired of staying wet on the ATV. Put a cab and doors on the 6x6 and Mud Lites and am looking forward to getting it out in the spring. Looking forward to hearing about all experiences with the Rangers.
    Where you at in the valley? I'm down KGB. I get out almost every weekend with the family. I think you will really like the 09 with the new suspension.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default On KGB as well

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Where you at in the valley? I'm down KGB. I get out almost every weekend with the family. I think you will really like the 09 with the new suspension.
    mile 3.5. I've only been able to get it out around the neighborhood so far with the exception of one ride in the Point McKenzie area.

The only issue I have so far is the accelerator pedal. I'm a tall man and it kills my leg using that pedal. I have a 2x4 in there now and it makes a little difference, but not enough. Are there any mods to correct/change this that anyone is aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by ak4dr4x4 View Post
    The only issue I have so far is the accelerator pedal. Are there any mods to correct/change this that anyone is aware of?
    only ones I found were to extend the go pedal or put a block on the floor...I went with a 2x6 cut to fit on the floor...duct taped it down...much better now...
    pull my finger....

Is the pedal up off the floor too far? My old one is fairly low and I just rest my toe on it and leave my heel planted on the floor. Otherwise my shin muscles start aching if I try to hold my foot any higher on the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Is the pedal up off the floor too far? .
    exactly...the pedal is half the length of the older ones...can't imagine why they'd do that...absolute killer on the shins unless you extend the pedal or get a block to lift your heel...
    pull my finger....

I wanna be an engineer. I'd like to be able to laugh at everybody when I design something retarded and people have to deal with it. You know that's what happens

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    exactly...the pedal is half the length of the older ones...can't imagine why they'd do that...absolute killer on the shins unless you extend the pedal or get a block to lift your heel...
    I went down to Bob's services and the kid at the desk gave me a free chunk of aluminum step grating, bout 1.5 tall, 12x12ish...bolted that to the floor and walla...I too suffered from sore shins being 6'4, been great ever since.