Thread: Glove Dryer Mod ?? to get subforum going!!

Default Glove Dryer Mod ?? to get subforum going!!

OK I will get the new subforum rolling, in my usual manner, with a question!!

How many of you have modded your machines with a glove dryer?

I know some, mostly trappers, have disabled their oil injection, cut the top off the reservoir, and put spare pairs in there.

Has anyone made something similar? I don't want to get rid of my oil inj.

I'm thinking of an oversize Hot Dogger type can, or duct attached to the engine fan cooling shroud outlet.

Any ideas? Please post pics if you can!! Thanks, HH

All depends on the machine and what you are doing with it. I once made a metal screen pocket on the underside of my cowling to hold gloves just above the cylinder heads, but back from the pipe. Worked great unless you were riding in the powder. I was amazed at how much steam soaked the gloves on a good powder day. Just easier to carry more gloves
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

In the trunk. On the bottom. Right on top of the heat exchanger.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default gloves?

i will just add that one time i put my goggles on the air box to dry them out for a few min. and the fell onto the y pipe and melted. just my 2 cents

Those of you that ride AC M sleds, they have a mesh bag accessory that hangs inside the cowling right in from of the gas tank. Excellent for gloves or goggles.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Fan cooled machines always have a hot air exhaust duct. Take a piece of clothes hangar wire and make a glove rack that holds the glove opening to the hot air. I guess a guy could make a double rack just as easily. When you stop for a break just don't shut the sled off. You have a built-in blow dryer.

Dakine make a mesh bag that comes with stick-on zip tie anchors. I used to use those to suspend gloves or goggles on the underside of the cowl above a safely warm structure. The problem with that is when you bust some powder you steam your goodies.