Thread: Link to a great self/home bluing tutorial

Default Link to a great self/home bluing tutorial

Hello all,
    A guy posted this on another forum I'm on. It's worth a look for any do it yourself gun people. I don't know much about bluing but I thought it was worth passing on.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=261805&page=1

Let me know what you think.

Thumbs up

That is a very good walk through home hot blueing. Thanks for posting it.

Andy

Great, I'm glad it passes muster.

If anybody is building an AR, that AR15.com is a great place to learn. Under "do it yourself" there is full tutorials on step by step building from components.

Looked like a good black gun place, I'm more a cowboy gun guy but I would love an AR in 7.62mm. I may have the money some day.

For now I'm tring to find the smallest tank to do what I will need and not be so big I go broke when I fill it up.

Andy

A pet peeve of mine is when the only point of somebody's post is to say that the thread is in the wrong forum. That being said I think that I might like to see this in the "do it yourself" forum as well as this one. That is an awsome tutorial and I think that it would fit well there for referencing it at a later date and for people who might just be parusing that forum for ideas. Great post AKF thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by moose-head View Post
    A pet peeve of mine is when the only point of somebody's post is to say that the thread is in the wrong forum. That being said I think that I might like to see this in the "do it yourself" forum as well as this one. That is an awsome tutorial and I think that it would fit well there for referencing it at a later date and for people who might just be parusing that forum for ideas. Great post AKF thank you.
    Well you did not say it's in the wrong forum, you said its so good it needs to be in two at once.
    No need to be peeved at your pet!
    I agree by the way!

Andy