Thread: Waxwings and moose

Default Waxwings and moose

I went out last week and shook the heavy snow off of my 2 huge mountain ash trees. Sure enough the Bohemian Waxwings found them this weekend. There were hundreds pooping all over everything. Really got to replace the camera.
    I was so entranced that I broke out the last 5 of the cabbages. I grow them for the moose in the winter. I am down to one pumpkin and hadn't set it out yet. I take them out in the woods behind the house and hope I get to see them trying to bust them open.
    Bummer deal tonight as I was digging out the shed. I noticed some holes in the snow behind the house. I dug down and found a waxing frozen. Then another one. I see more holes, but quit digging. 2 frozen birds on the deck rail are enough for now.
    I can't see where they crashed into the house. I wonder if they got drunk on the berries and passed out. If they hit the house they bounced a long ways. They look like they were just sitting when they froze. :(
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default hundreds of birds

We have had a lot of waxwings around our ash trees lately.

You think you should admit to feeding the moose??
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default Good point

Well, to be more specific...I am taking out my old jack 'o lanterns and garden debris and leaving it to decompose in the woods. Those pesky (starving) moose almost never let them add to the microbes in the ground. OK, after a fashion...and a few hours they do.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it