Thread: coyote howling

Default coyote howling

I just got done watching the last of the predator calling /hunting videos that my wife got me for christmas. (Bless her heart!) The first two that I watched were ok and not really worth mention, how ever, the last one was awesome! This video was put out by Primos hunting calls. In this video they talk strictly about howling and coyote talk. They also walk you through how to use the Primos calls and howlers. This video was very informative and good watching. It is one of the few I have seen that is not just a bunch of guys showing off and not giving out any info. I am excited about using this video for refferance and bassis for howling scenarios.

Any one interested in getting a copy, It was bought at the sportsmans wearhouse and it is called "Speak the language" Mastering the art guide to calling predator Featuring Randy Anderson.

Shoe

Default I have a couple of those too

yeah I have a couple of the primos videos with randy anderson also, and I like them a lot! I got one a while back that was a drury and I liked the primos a lot better, way more information.

Have you used primos new electric caller? My sister works at primos and I have been thinking about buying one.

Na, just been using the one I built.

Randy Anderson is a true master with the hand call.

I bought the Primos lil dog open reed hand call a few years back. I practiced, practiced, and practiced some more but couldn't replicate the sounds I was hearing on the instructional dvd to my satisfaction. Those open reed callers are a bugger, and the learning curve was too much for me. I have always wanted to try their double whammy though.

I went with the sceery AP-6 and woodwise howler. Those two were my go to howlers for a couple of years. Eventually I wore out both, but I did fool many people in the area to thinking the coyotes were awful vocal that day.

I always carry my kiyi along with my FX3. When a coyote is down I let out the kiyi howls like mad and hope another comes in.