Thread: Getting kids hooked on fishing

Default Getting kids hooked on fishing

Here's the deal,my kids are out of the house and i'm fishing most of the summer minus working,so i was wondering if any of you die hard dads or moms have a kid or kids that are needing a fishing partner a few days a year or more if it works out.I'm not a stocker or serial killer,just a crazy guy that likes to fish everyday,i'm even up for taking dads on the first trip just to check things out.....let me know....PS no gas money needed and i have all the gear they would need. I'm located in the valley.

Thumbs up Bravo!

Anybody who does not jump on this generous offer is letting a GOLDEN opportunity slip by.

In my eyes, there is no finer fisherman than sheep man. He has mentored many a young person over the decades, instilling in them an genuine appreciation for the outdoors and the natural resource that fuels our favorite pastime.

In a modern world where our youth is glued to the couch watching TV, plopped at a desk surfing the internet, or virtually mesmerized by video games and text messaging.... what they really need is an opportunity to get out and engage the natural world in some meaningful way. They won't do it by themselves, folks... they need caring mentors or parents to stimulate and nurture that interest.

Kudos to you, sheep man for stepping up like this!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    In a modern world where our youth is glued to the couch watching TV, plopped at a desk surfing the internet, or virtually mesmerized by video games and text messaging.... what they really need is an opportunity to get out and engage the natural world in some meaningful way.
    Amen!...

Sheep, 2 kiddo's here, I take 'em at least once every weekend, I like to say it is all for them but I have just as much fun as they do...lol...If you find yourself bored without a fishing partner on the weekend we should get together...that is unless you're looking for big fish, then you'd be going with the wrong guy...lol..
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default Like father like son!

Great avatar there, tjm.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    The KeenEye MD

I am heading back over to the middle east in just a couple weeks and will will be gone most of the fishing season. I hope that Grandpa can take out my boys but he works construction so summers are mostly business for him. I may hit ya up if you think you can keep up with this kid. He is pretty die hard!

Here he is fishing my 9' silver pole. I was shocked that he could cast that thing. He hooked up three times but it is hard for him to set the hook. I had to drag him out of the water at 1am.

His one hangup is touching the fish. He was doing better by the end of the year but still a little nervous <grin>

LuJon i sent you a PM.....looks like you got yourself a couple of fishermen.....thanks

Default It's great..

getting the kids out like that. We've been taking my son's buddy who's dad was gone for a bit.
    Besides being fun, I think it takes his mind off dad being gone as well.
    Good job Sheepman!

bump to the top
    The KeenEye MD