Thread: fairbanks area bow shops...

Default fairbanks area bow shops...

other than king knock and sportsmans .....what is there in fairbanks and the area. looking for a dependable reasonable place. not that the above 2 wont do i just want to find out what else is here.

Jeep,
    I think there is a shop in North Pole, North Pole Archery? I think they have a phone number.

there is a north pole archery. it's on the north west corner of the over pass. If you're coming from Fairbanks and get off at the over pass you'll have to go south to pizza hut and come back north to get under the bridge due to the round abouts. Immediatly on the left hand size is a white strip mall/plaza building. It's there you'll find them. They do have odd hours....I drive by most days and atleast when I go by they are usually closed. I believe they are open on the weekends and evenings during the week.

Good luck finding a dependable archery shop around Fairbanks/North Pole. Before I get beat up, yes I have bought 5 bows from the archery places in the area. Two things shops are missing up here are; DEPENDABLE and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Default Got That Right

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    Good luck finding a dependable archery shop around Fairbanks/North Pole. Before I get beat up, yes I have bought 5 bows from the archery places in the area. Two things shops are missing up here are; DEPENDABLE and CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    I took my bow to a NP area shop, wanted a new string put on. When I got my bow back and shot it for the first time the sting hit my overdraw (wrong sting); then they put another string on and it still hit my over draw(wrong string again and installed upside down) in the mean time they have had my bow for over a month and couldnt figure out what was wrong. I ended up taking it to Sportsmnas Wearhouse and they diagnosed the problem within 10 seconds of picking it up. They ordered the correct sting, installed it and I had it home in 5 days, the only charge was for the string. Im not saying Sportsmans is the best around but I wouldnt use the one in North Pole!!!

so basically hope and prey that i find someone who knows what the blank to do with a bow. maybe i stick with the kknock

Honestly, your best bet is likely Del at sportsmens...he's been in and around the buisness including owning a buisness up till recently for quite some time.

he has his opinions, don't we all lol, but definatly knows his stuff. You'll be staking two steps foward imho. Take it for what it's worth.

Default I 2nd the motion for Del

Del D has been involved with archery for a long time. I do not know who else is at Sportsmans Whse, but I do know that Del is very good at what he does. I would not hesitate to do whatever he said when it comes to archery.
    On top of being a great tech, he is the best instructor around by far. Nobody else that I know of in FAI, and I have been involved with archery here for 20 years, has Del's overall knowledge. Besides that he is a nice guy.