Thread: anyone have exp with 285 grain slam 375

Default anyone have exp with 285 grain slam 375

i am interested in any experiences good and bad anyone has had with the speer grand slam in 285 grain bullet for the 375 h&h i am thinking of using them for an all around bullet for my 375 on most larger animalsand i do hunt most species up here except sheep and goats thanks

Default nope

No experience with that particular caliber bullet, but I have had lots with hand loaded 180 gr Speer grand slams in 300 mag. It is an excellent match. I've seen everything from brown bears, moose, grizzlies, elk, caribou, etc, etc put down with it. I wouldn't hesitate to try what you're thinking and see how that recipe works!

Thumbs up Its a killer !!

The Grand slam bullet in my mind is the best for the money w/ awesome terminal performance.........

I've used the 250 grain .35 caliber Grand Slam in a 35 Whelen very effectively on moose. Lots of penetration and, perfect mushroom and weight retention. I have not been able to get good accuracy in all of my rifles with the Grand Slam, but it has worked well for me in the Whelen.

Quote Originally Posted by sculpin View Post
    No experience with that particular caliber bullet, but I have had lots with hand loaded 180 gr Speer grand slams in 300 mag. It is an excellent match. I've seen everything from brown bears, moose, grizzlies, elk, caribou, etc, etc put down with it. I wouldn't hesitate to try what you're thinking and see how that recipe works!
    It' probably the most accurate bullet in one of my 375's and a close second in the other. I've only whacked a couple of deer and one elk with it, never recovering one from such light game. Wound channel showed good expansion, so I'm guessing it's got a pretty good mix of expansion and penetration.

I don't shoot a .375 but I have tried the Grand Slam bullets in my .30 and 7mm caliber rifles and cannot get them to shoot accurately enough for my taste, in any of them, so, here they sit collecting dust.