Thread: Best in class Grizzly hunt??

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Default Best in class Grizzly hunt??

I`ve hunted Alaska twice over the last 5 year period. I saved for 5 years to hunt Dall sheep in the Alaska range in 2004 and then saved 5 more years to hunt mountain goat out of Ketchikan this September. I was successful on both hunts and hope to make one more trip up to hunt a grizzly. Once again I`m saving my money as best I can since I`m not in a high enough tax bracket to just go back any ol` time. I`m not looking for the state record-- just a nice representative. I value the opinions of many on this site. I`m on it constantly.The big $ Peninsula hunts are probably out of my realm. Whom would you experienced guys recommend???

Thumbs up Brwnbr

A great forum member here is BRWNBR. His reputation is outstanding. DO a search on his posts and you'll see some good bear pics and see whats up. I believe that he hunts mainly on Kodiak.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default You need Jake

I have not used him but our resident brown bear guide Jake seems to be the go to guy. Might discuss it with him. He sure has happy hunters it seems.

he can be reached at his profile
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/member.php?u=822

edit: some beat me to it go find Jake

Thumbs up Jake X 3

I read this title and I also thought of ONE guy--Jake: aka BRWNBR here on this forum.
    He is reasonable and he flat out gets the bears.

Thumbs up x4

BRWNBR has some great pics on here of some really nice bears.If i were looking i would start with him. Hillbilly

Default Bear

If you dont go with BRWNBR I have a friend that guides in unit 9 and has great success.

Thumbs up grizz

I would recommend Jake, AKA BRWNBR , or me.

Most humbly yours,

Dennis
    AK TAGS

Default Joe Want

Joe Want , out of Fbks.

I'll chime in here for Jake / BRWNBR. I went hunting with him this September. While I wasn't fortunate enough to tag out on any bears, the guy knows his stuff, has EXCELLENT camp food, tells great stories and is, simply put, a good guy.

I plan on heading back to Alaska to do it again, and I plan on contacting Jake to guide me again. The weather was just uncooperative for us this time - as Alaskan weather can be! Given better conditions, Jake would put you on a bear. He just knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    I would recommend Jake, AKA BRWNBR , or me.

Most humbly yours,

Dennis
    AK TAGS
    How was your succuess rate for '08, Dennis? Did you have a good year? Give us a few details. I didn't know you were a Griz guide.

Best,
    Frank

Smile Brag time...

fullcurl/Frank, thanks for asking...

2007 was a wonderful, 100% year for my small business with 1) a fine 37 inch DCUA ram,
    2) a 10 1/2 inch B&C record qualifying mountain goat,
    3) and 3 for 3 on my western Alaska brown bear float hunts, up to 8'8" (everybody else calls in a 9' bear).

2008 was nearly as good with 1) another 37 inch DCUA ram,
    2) 3 for 3 caribou up to 399 gross / 392 net,
    3) 2 for 3 brown bears on my western AK float hunts, with -and I hate saying this- one wounded and lost in the bushes. I wanted to go 3 for 3, and of course spend a day in the bushes tracking a scant blood trail trying to get the wounded guy, but he was hit very high on or behind the shoulder at 210 yards, was moving on all four legs, and did not eat me in the alder bush when last seen.

2009, 1) four western Alaska brown bear hunters scheduled for float hunts...
    2) sheep and goat pending drawing results later this month (?)...
    3) one caribou hunter scheduled

Thanks, again, for asking Frank,

Dennis
    Alaska True Adventure Guide Service

Default Just FYI

For those of you asking about Dennis at AlaskaTrueAdventures. I have known Dennis ever since we crossed paths on a hunting trip years ago. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and works his butt off for what he gets! I am a resident so have never had him as a guide, but would not hesitate to do so if needed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    For those of you asking about Dennis at AlaskaTrueAdventures. I have known Dennis ever since we crossed paths on a hunting trip years ago. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and works his butt off for what he gets! I am a resident so have never had him as a guide, but would not hesitate to do so if needed.

That's high praise coming from you, Northway.

Dennis, post a pic or two if you would.

i like dennis too, he's got passion. gotta love that...
    i'd hunt with him.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Thumbs up !!pictures!!

First and formost...thanks for all the attention in this run-away thread...

Northway spoke of the hunts we almost shared together, and I have always said those were the most fun hunts I ever had. Talking and braggin with him at the start of our hunts and then sharing a campfire at the end of successful hunts was a blast. If anybody feels that they are a real hiking hero, then go anywhere with Northway. It is truely a humbling experience to see him pulling away and getting farther and farther out ahead....of me.

I recently met Jake, AKA BRWNBR at the BGCSB meeting. I was extremely impressed with his guiding experience and his view, opinions, and enthusiasm for the guide-outfitter industry, in addition to his knowledge of wildlife ecology. If I were not contracting my own client-hunters and conducting my own hunts I would beg to work for him.

OK, no more sentimental stuff.

Fullcurl...asking me to post pictures....of course now I will have to learn how to do that. At the current moment I can turn the computer on, click on the little dropdown menu, scribble out some words, and turn everything off. Posting pictures will be a new skill for me.

Most Sincerely.....Dennis

Well it looks like you have 2 excellent choices here alottabs, I don't think you can go wrong with either guide, BRWNBR or Dennis!

Default While I have not...

met Jake aka BRWNBR, I can read through his posts that he would be another guy I would hunt with any day.

Fullcurl, thanks for the comments.

Dennis, don't you go getting all sentimental on us now!!

I don't think you could go wrong with either of these guys. They are straight shooters and you will have a great experience to say the least!

Feel the same way about Matt Synder and his mom and dad, Frank and Sue Entsminger. If I were paying for a sheep hunt, they would be one of my top choices. Quality people with the passion is what I look for.

I am hoping one day here, I will be able to slow down enough to do some guiding. I doubt it though with my kids in tow. They are always wanting to shoot something and with the current job, I just don't have enough time to help out in the guiding business. 3 years from now might be a bit different!