Thread: Took the kids out today....

Default Took the kids out today....

Just thought i'd break the ice here...no pun. Took my two boys out to sit in the wind on finger lake today to let them see some fish. dang....blowing almost 30 so we tried to fish like this...my little 3 year old caught his first fish on his own ever today and my 5 year old was having a riot trying to tell him how to hold the rod. diggin' ice outa the hole with my bare hand cause i don't have a dipper, kickin' open old holes cause i ain't got a auger, sharing a rod cause i've only got one. But having a freakin' riot watching two booger nose running boys yell at 6" trout!!

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

That's awesome! There's nothing better than watching kids reel in fish.

That is what it is all about Jake. Brings a whole new meaning to the word trolling Cherish the moments my friend and congrats to your boy.

Hey quick question. Did you put a little heater in the shell. I bet it was somewhat bearable if you did even with the wind
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Super. Another plus that I see is that you are raising them to make do with what's at hand. Good on ya.

I might have an auger out in the shed if you need one. It's a hand crank, so no charge!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Very cool! When really cold like that there is no shame in drilling two holes about +-10' apart and parking the vehicle right between them and fishing out the windows from the heated cab of the vehicle. At least you can get out and ENJOY it. Done it once or twice. Beats sitting at home.

haha thanks guys, i didn't have any heater in the back, i should have it woulda helped but the fish bite kinda died down like it does. but it was just long enough for them to have a riot!!
    i'll take the hand auger!!!
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    haha thanks guys, i didn't have any heater in the back, i should have it woulda helped but the fish bite kinda died down like it does. but it was just long enough for them to have a riot!!
    i'll take the hand auger!!!

I have one I will give you. It was my dads from 78. Sharpen it and it might cut ice You can have it jake but if you get a better offer I understand. Let me know.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

lol geez i'm from '78 that musta been a good year!
    Master guide 212

I grabbed the shovel and dug the shed door out. It is in great shape, paint still in the auger and has a blade cover. PM coming at ya.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default That's great!

I love seeing the kids get out like that. My 6 y/o boy is always ready to go fishing. My daughter, not so much.
    It sure beats sitting in front of the tv.

need to send a special shout out to BULLBUSTER! dude just sent me over an auger!! just wanted to say thank you, really appeciate it, my kids are stoked about the "ice drill"! thanks again!
    Master guide 212

Talking rep points

need to send a special shout out to BULLBUSTER! dude just sent me over an auger!! just wanted to say thank you, really appeciate it, my kids are stoked about the "ice drill"! thanks again!
    If thats not worth rep points I don't know what is

Awsome!!!! Memories for a life time
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs up De nada

Glad that you could use it. Until the young 'uns can crank it, it'll keep you in shape for the fall season! Good luck!

of course we will want to see some ice fishing pics...
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

BRWNBR,
    When the ice gets too deep or your just don't want to crank for the day let me know. I'll tell you where I live. There are about 12 poles, 3 ice dippers (I keep a few on hand for when I lose one down a beaver hole while trapping) a 10" gas auger, a can of mix gas and 2 pull sleds for the lakes you can't drive on all sitting together in the shed. I am sure you will pass close by on the way to finger lake if you go there again. Come and grab what you need. I also have a couple of those 2 seater foldable type chairs and a propane heater for warming hands.

Bring those kids to the ice fishing derby on Knik lake Feb. 7
    Hosted by The Master Angler - http://themasterangler.com/smfforum/index.php

Click here for the Flyer http://themasterangler.com/smfforum/index.php

Latest info on the derby http://themasterangler.com/smfforum/...;topicseen#new

BRWNBR, I'll have plenty of gear there if you need some to use.

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    Very cool! When really cold like that there is no shame in drilling two holes about +-10' apart and parking the vehicle right between them and fishing out the windows from the heated cab of the vehicle. At least you can get out and ENJOY it. Done it once or twice. Beats sitting at home.
    I've done that......