Thread: Seward Water Taxi

Default Seward Water Taxi

Has anyone used their services for black bear hunting before? I am trying to hunt the last week in May begining of June. I thought that it would be a good trip for the sights and all, but i would also like the chance of getting into some bears. So if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Haven't used them, but Allen's Alaska Adventures, 224-4785, is hands down the very best.

Default AAA

I have no experience with Seward Water Taxi but I will put a good word in for Allen's Alaska Adventures. Very reasonable and accommodating.

Used them for goat hunting. They were very good. Have nice equipment. Also we decided to leave early and they were very accomodating and picked us right up when the weather started to get nasty. Plus they will let you haul plenty of gear. They are setup for kayakers so no problem if you have a lttle zodiak.

Default Seward Water Taxi

Hi Jacobet
    Please may sure you use a water taxi that is licensed to transport you and your game. It is illegal to commercially transport hunters and game in the State of Alaska without a "game transport license". If you are not completing official Alaska Department of Fish and Game paperwork with the transporter before and after your hunt, you are illegally transporting your game. After looking at the State of Alaska Department of Commerce website professional licensing section, which is updated daily, it appears that Aquetec LLC (Seward Water Taxi) is licensed. I could not find Allen's Alaska Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by The huntress View Post
    Hi Jacobet
    Please may sure you use a water taxi that is licensed to transport you and your game. It is illegal to commercially transport hunters and game in the State of Alaska without a "game transport license". If you are not completing official Alaska Department of Fish and Game paperwork with the transporter before and after your hunt, you are illegally transporting your game. After looking at the State of Alaska Department of Commerce website professional licensing section, which is updated daily, it appears that Aquetec LLC (Seward Water Taxi) is licensed. I could not find Allen's Alaska Adventures.

It is not illegal to "transport" hunters, equipment and game with out a state issued transporter license.

Just because you did not find Allen's transporter license does not mean he needs one to be in compliance with the law.

Quote Originally Posted by AVALANCHE View Post
    It is not illegal to "transport" hunters, equipment and game with out a state issued transporter license.

Just because you did not find Allen's transporter license does not mean he needs one to be in compliance with the law.

Avalanche, is the point you're making that it is only illegal if they were taking compensation? or is there some loophole, like being licensed under someone else w/a transporter license.

Default license...

We just need to get the guides out of our hunting regulation process.....

Default To be more specific:

So I guess one of the previous posters must have omitted the words "commercially" and "State of Alaska" from my quote inadvertantly.....

If the guy/gal is collecting compensation (of any sort) for the trips and marketing (either by himself/herself or others for him/her - for example forums) he/she will need the license. But you'all don't need to believe me - you can just read it on page 10 of the 08/09 State of Alaska Hunting Regulations - lower right corner. That's the document the State Trooper that busts you will be toting.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...ations.hunting
    Last edited by The huntress; 01-12-2009 at 21:01. Reason: Had to take out smily faces - I did not mean to put any in.