Thread: 100gr TSX and 165 pound six point -

Default 100gr TSX and 165 pound six point -

Well, it has been great being with Jerry and he is a very good host. He has had quit a back ground in competition and reloading and is an excellent shoot. You should ask him to post his three shot group with a 100gr GS and some of his other targets with his 257 Accumark. He has out shot my 257wby, he really is a very good shot. I will be trying his load and the GS bullet in my 257Wby some time soon.

Well, we went this morning and it was about 68 degrees and there was fog and some light rain. Not long after sunrise this big bodied six point came walking across the gas line we were on. Jerry was about 500 yds down the line from me and had just seen a big long bodied bob cat and thought about shooting it but decided he would not. He said it was about one minute later that I shot. Here are some pictures of the deer and me and Jerry.

Tomorrow or Wed. we will try and fill my doe tag.

Here is Jerry washing the mud off the deer.

Here is me and we are about to start the skinning

This is not a 416 but the 100gr TSX out of my 257Wby was impressive

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Good looking deer! How long was the shot?

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Good looking deer! How long was the shot?
    Range 100yds exactly, it was a chip shot, a gift indeed, very easy shot.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nice deer BT and congratulations to two happy looking guys!

I appreciate the photos of the exit wound. Did you lose much meat out of that front quarter?

Here is where I was hunting this morning. The first is to the west (this is what I waded through to get to the stand). The second picture is south of the stand, and the last two are to my north. We were hunting in a swamp for sure.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nice job Beartooth! Ya done good and thanks for sharing it with us!

Jerry killed a doe with the GS and it looked much like the TSX Monday. Here are some more pictures of the place we were hunting.

The camp

His four wheeler is rigged to run in some deep water with the snorkel.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A few more pictures of where I was hunting again today. Monday evening when I was walking out when light got so low I could not see in my scope to shoot, a cotton mouth swam right across the water not two feet in front of me. He pause looking my direction, I did not move and he went on his way taking care of business at 76 degrees looking for frogs, they were every where making so much noise you could not hear anything else. Those frogs are the sound of the swamp.

Straight down form my stand to the water

Behind my stand
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I am back home from a great hunt and fellowship with Jerry. I saw 6 coons, 2 possums, 2 does, one buck, one cotton mouth, a bunch of wood ducks, 2 big flocks of crows, lots of turtles, buzzards every where and heard millions of frogs. There were cardinals, robins, sparrows and a few turkeys fly over my head. Three great days in God's creation while having a ball. Here are a few final pictures of where I hunted this afternoon and evening before I left for home.

The trail we came in on and it ends right by the stand I was in.

Now the wonderful view from my stand

520yds down this rig is where Jerry hunting this evening and if you look closely you can see his stand.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Thanks for sharing your hunting experience with everyone BT...looks real wet. I'm sure many Alaskans can relate to hunting in hip boots or chest waders day after day. The snakes, well that's a different story...we don't have any snakes up here. I hate to admit it, but I'm afraid of those guys. I'll take bears any day over snakes...any day.

Good work BT! Good performance from rifle, bullet and shooter.

Great pics, thanks for sharing