Thread: Homer during the end of July.

Default Homer during the end of July.

Guys what besides Halibut and Lings are going in the Homer area that time of year? I will be there from July 15-24th and we were looking for something to fish after we get a few Halibut. My buddy has a 25' boat for the ocean but he has only fished Halibut. Any opportunities for Salmon that time of year? We will be hitting the Kenai for Reds for a few days. Just wondering if there are any salmon taken by trolling that time of year around Homer. Thanks again Guys!

Silver salmon fishing can be excellent off shore,and feeder kings can be found at all the usual spots through out the year.

Default King fishing

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Guys what besides Halibut and Lings are going in the Homer area that time of year? I will be there from July 15-24th and we were looking for something to fish after we get a few Halibut. My buddy has a 25' boat for the ocean but he has only fished Halibut. Any opportunities for Salmon that time of year? We will be hitting the Kenai for Reds for a few days. Just wondering if there are any salmon taken by trolling that time of year around Homer. Thanks again Guys!

You will be right smack in the middle of the second run of kings headed for the Kenai River. You can troll off of Happy Valley, Whiskey Gulch area or even off of Deep Creek for that second run of HUGE Kenai Kings.

any one else that can help? Being up there from July 14th -25th is there any ocean silver salmon fishing to be had around Homer?

Silvers will be in. If you go past Seldovia there is a point and I can't remember it. Allot of people fish there for silvers and halibut.
    If you can get into the weed bed you can pick up some rock fish. Yellow eye you will have to go further out to get into a good group of them. Most lings are caught past Elizabeth island.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Ocean silvers will be showing up around that time and I don't think Pogibshi Point is much of a secret to troll around for them things. I have also caught kings that time of year. Nagahut Rocks is another and much further spot just past Elizabeth Island, but the currents can be insanely strong over there. Good for salmon, halibut, lings, and rockfish. Pick your days on the weather if you venture towards the Gulf.