I just drove 3000 miles to purchase an old Grumman canoe for $300 from an estate. Apparently this was the original owner. It has an oval plate on the bow with the numbers 1216-G-19S. Here are my questions!
Thanks for your help and Happy New Year to all of you!
- Can anyone give me specifics on a manufacturing date? Grumman tells me the G series was sometime in the sixties?
- What is the S designation?
- The front floatation section "kick plate" has flathead screws all the way around the circumference of the canoe so that it can be removed. Why did they put them in the front and not the rear? Also, does this give anyone a clue as to the age of the canoe?
- The canoe came with an old 4hp Johnson "anglematic". The prop is angled down about 25 to 30 degrees. Any idea why this outboard was mated with this canoe?
- I've got an old 1952 KE-4 7.5 hp Mercury I was going use......any idea what the hp rating of this boat is?