Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kayaking pictures

Default kayaking pictures

This a place you can post your kayaking pictures, and the adventures that come along with kayaking.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default New Zealand kayak/sail

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Early April Kenai run, forgot my hat!!

Yes, you all can laugh at my idiocy. But it was quite fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default The Rescue

Trying to stay in an eddie in little snag on the Delores river in Colorado. The individual on the rock got pinned upside down in his kayak and got out. I had to get him in the eddy so we could get a rescue line from shore tied to his boat and free it. It was pretty cool.

Chris

Here is a great picture of our boys at the beginning of this summer or maybe it was last summer.
    This was on our pond. I can't wait until the pond unfreezes so that we can kayak again!

Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Here is a great picture of our boys at the beginning of this summer or maybe it was last summer.
    This was on our pond. I can't wait until the pond unfreezes so that we can kayak again!

They look like they'd make pretty good toboggans too CO. Helmets for the kids, and tow them with the snow machine.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Default nothing like smiling kids

and that goes for Chris,,, he is frozen, and yet smiling,,
    the boy in the kayaks look to be having a blast..
    Max

A couple of pictures from our trip on the Selway river in Idaho this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Stout View Post
    Trying to stay in an eddie in little snag on the Delores river in Colorado. The individual on the rock got pinned upside down in his kayak and got out. I had to get him in the eddy so we could get a rescue line from shore tied to his boat and free it. It was pretty cool.

Chris
    Awww... the Delores River. Now that is some fun stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    They look like they'd make pretty good toboggans too CO. Helmets for the kids, and tow them with the snow machine.
    Toboggans it is, then! But not in 40 below weather.
    Lurker.

Default Gameface pic.

This is a common face when one does not want to crash.

Default this is the stress face

This face happens when you think you are going to crash. Part of a mid river assist off of a rock, forcing Casey and i together above an extremely convoluted drop. eeek

Default sheep creek my favorite creek

Will only let me upload two per page, the general character of the boogie water between the drops and an average drop, some are much larger.

Default More of Sheep Creek

The flow at Willow Creek was 900cfs, and it rained all day. 8 to 10 miles of continuous whitewater with a whole lot of the examples i gave scattered through this section.
    I took 203 pics and several video clips some drops were a couple of pics but many i didnt shoot. Anyway there is alot of fun to be had for the willing intermediate/ advanced boater. yippie

Default Great pictures

Mark, those are great pictures and sheep creek looks like a fun place for experienced paddlers.
    And yes... I think one would have the game face on,, when heading into that kind of water...
    Max

Default face pics

Sorry forgot to mention those pics are little Su in hatchers pass, no portage run 500 cfs

Default Rafting face expressions funny stuff

White Salmon river Washington Oregon border, with my wife and friend Brian. I am front left Brian is front right my wife is behind me. Look at the girls reaction after we pop up that is sitting behind Brian.

Default Rafting facial expression, final part

You will see the impact face, the chocking face, and the poor girls I AM NEVER GOING RAFTING AGAIN, FACE This really is a fun and mostly safe drop, i think anyway. Allstar rafting took us for something like 50.00 bucks, cheap thrill if your in the area. Enough of this back to kayaking.

Default Wow...

Is that the drop at Husum... just below the bridge?

Default Sutton Granite creek

Pics of a typical lower canyon drop and a shot of the continuous water between the drops, and Casey my nephew, and boating buddy.
    Much easier than the Little Su but really fun AND BEAUTIFUL.

Default Granite Creek part 2

First picture is Casey, first trip. Last picture is on the second trip with Chad. Cannot wait till spring. yipee

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast