Thread: New Prospector

Default New Prospector

Hi all,

Before I moved to Alaska (great move, by the way), I wanted to come here for years to try a little prospecting, just for the fun of it. Now that I've been here for a couple of years, I haven't been out one time.

I'm looking for a few pointers as to how to get started. I'm in Anchorage, but realize there will be some travel involved.

Thanks,
    Bob

Wink try these guys

go to http://bb.bbboy.net/alaskagoldforum-viewforum?forum=2
    I look at this site every night and there are some very knowledgeable guys on this forum, finding gold for a living.
    catch the fever - GOOD LUCK!!

Default Thanks

Thanks steelguy, I'll check the site out. I appreciate it.

alaska mining and diving, right there in anchorage, they can get you in touch with the right ppl and equipment. also might try gettin in touch with the gpaa club in kenai

The "alaska gold forum" is also helpful

My favorite area when I started were the creeks up on Turnagain Pass. Most of those creeks are public access 1/8 mile upstream from the highway and there's good color. Search for "Chugach Recreational Mining" for details or go to the Alaska Mining and Diving webpage and check out their links for rec mining. Crow Creek is also an excellent place to start with good gold. $10 for an entire day of panning/sluicing.

Default Thanks

Sorry to take so long to reply - thanks to everyone for the info. I'm filing it all away and will put it to use when the weather warms up a bit. I do appreciate the input.

Bob

Head over to Alaska Mining and Diving Supply and talk to Steve H. he knows everything about prospecting in Alaska. Do it soon casue once spring comes he'll be a very busy person.

Quote Originally Posted by steelguy View Post
    go to http://bb.bbboy.net/alaskagoldforum-viewforum?forum=2
    I look at this site every night and there are some very knowledgeable guys on this forum, finding gold for a living.
    catch the fever - GOOD LUCK!!
    Thank you, good forum.