Thread: SBS Cabin Kits

Default SBS Cabin Kits

Does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on Spenard Builder's cabin kits?

I picked up the literature on them from the Spenard rural sales dept. I was not sold. Minimal everything.

There are a few out at Lake Louise and they just don't seem attractive. I believe that a cabin/home should make you want to go in and have a cup of coffee. The kits are too industrial/box store/prefab looking for me.

Check PM.

Mike

On a positive note, they are very economical and easy to construct. I helped a friend erect the frame a few years back. The 3 of us, had it framed in and dry in less than a week. I also stayed in one over in Glenallen. It was very cozy and nice. You just have to remember it is a cabin and not a house.

I bought mine in May. Not exactly the log cabin I've always dreamed of, but it was affordable. I initially wasn't interested in the property because I didn't like the gambrel roof, but once I actually went and looked at it and the lot it was on, I was sold.

There's not much insulation. On the positive side, it's got a nice layout and very comfortable (I think it's around 576 sq. ft.).
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't find a product listing, or price for cabin kit's on their site... anyone know how much they cost?... in panels or sticks?

Here's what the SBS garage/shop looks like....was told the floor is only strong enough for snowmachines and fourwheelers the way this one was built. Using it to store firewood right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images