Thread: Esquif cargo freighter

Default Esquif cargo freighter

Has anyone had any experience with the esquif cargo canoe.
    17' long,44" wide,16" deep,capacity of 1100lbs made of material called royalex. Looks like a decent sized canoe for moose hunting, priced around $2000 canadian.

Try looking at the Scott canoe!! They are located right there in whitehorse. They have some awesome canoes.

Default Royalex canoes

I am sure that the canoe you are looking at is very nice.
    prices on Royalex canoes from Old Town and mad River, and others will be priced for the same size boat at about 1,000 to 1,300 for there models
    Not sure what sets the boat you are looking at apart from those, but that is at least a 700 dollar difference.
    If you are going to spend around the $2,000 amount you can get into light weight Kevlars, that will be exremely fast and very well built.
    If you are going to be in places you can abuse a boat, like banging on rocks and such, the royalex is probably better, but if you are going to be on lakes etc, and deep rivers, then the Kevlar or glass boats may be something to look at.
    The scott canoes are excellent quality. I have not used one, just been around them some.. very nice freight type canoes.
    shopping is always fun and with that much of an investment, you are wise to bounce your finds off of the people here..
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default esquif canoe

Thanks for the replys, that price is canadian and included freight to the yukon,I believe american price is around $1200 plus freight.I was thinking of using it on shallow rocky rivers for moose hunting with a 5hp-8hp outboard.