Thread: Yukon Flats Black Bear

Default Yukon Flats Black Bear

Second post I've made trying to get a little help on timing for hunting the Yukon Flats area this year. If black bear is the main draw what do you guys like - Spring or Fall? And when is the perfect time to get out in either season? May 15 too early?

I'm going for a drop off so no boat which I'm concerned about as far as being able to get to any type of clearing for a view. I want to be able to get to some areas to spot from and I'm not sure if this is the area that this can be done. I've hunted from the Aleutians to Kenai Peninsula to ANWR but not much in between so some advice could make for a much better trip for me. And if I can pay back with some info on other areas noted above I'll do my best. Thanks a bunch.

Question

Were are you planning on going?

Default Capt

Thanks, Capt. I'm still doing some research on the exact where in the flats. Right now I'm trying to get into an area that may give me a chance to see bear and hear the wolves howl. Probably on the south side of the refuge is all I can guess right now. Let me know if you have some general advice to those questions I posted and thanks a lot for your time.