Thread: remington 300 mg..restock

Red face remington 300 mg..restock

Am thinking of restocking and rebarrelling my SPS model 700..with a heavier barrelled after market barrel..and thinking of a Hogue stock..HOG07011....Iam on a budget..of sorts.....26 inch bull barrel and this stock...and a decent trigger...would i be better of trying to find a used Sendero..??? Weight will never be an issue..as i hunt in open spaces...where i can ATV in pretty close..and stand hunt mostly....your opinions please............

Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer.1 View Post
    Am thinking of restocking and rebarrelling my SPS model 700..with a heavier barrelled after market barrel..and thinking of a Hogue stock..HOG07011....I am on a budget..of sorts.....26 inch bull barrel and this stock...and a decent trigger...would i be better of trying to find a used Sendero..???
    I'd just keep the SPS as is, and buy a second rifle. By the time you buy a barrel, stock, and pay a gunsmith, you're pretty much at the same price neighborhood as a used Sendero.

Tuning the factory Remington trigger isn't difficult, so there's one way to save $100. I'm plenty happy with my tuned Remington triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer.1 View Post
    Weight will never be an issue..as i hunt in open spaces...where i can ATV in pretty close..and stand hunt mostly....your opinions please............
    I've got heavy rifles, and I've got light rifles. The light rifles go hunting FAR more often than the heavy ones, no matter how I'm hunting.....atv, boat, on foot, etc.

There is nothing a heavy barrel offers the big game hunter, over a sporter contour, so carrying the extra weight doesn't make much sense to me.

I agree with Dan's comments on the trigger.

You can find a used Sendero for $7-800 in the states and that is about what you would have in a new barrel and H-S Precision stock (Sendero).

keep or sell the SPS; JMO. J.

Default Sps 700

thanks...am on the "hunt" for a clean Sendero...in 338 win mag now...