Thread: I need a small pistol case for airline travel (S&W 500)

Default I need a small pistol case for airline travel (S&W 500)

I am looking for a small hard case for carrying my S&W 500 with 4" barrel. I will be flying with it from NC to Alaska, so I want something very strong, but small/thin as possible. Most the handgun cases I am finding are way too big. Anyone know of any cases that would be just big enough to carry one revolver. Thanks for any thoughts.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thumbs up Kalispel Gun Case

Kalispel Gun Case, I canít say enough about this product Ė simply SOLID!
    The minimum pistol case is a 2 gun but you can use the extra space for additional valuables or a back up gun. It will fit into your check-in with no problem. I have a 4 gun and it fits neatly into my check-in duffle. There tuff as all hell.

welfare state of Alaska

Default call the airlines first

Call your carrier and check what there requirments are for checked firearms!

I believe all have to be in a lockd hard case but some like Delta also require that the case must be in hard sided baggage -not the popular soft sided zipper wheeled bags with soft sides, duffle bags, etc.

I carried a lot of guns and stuff back and forth between AK and TX in an old foot locker. The lid was heavy and hard to open and didn't stay up - I figured that would stop most from getting into it. I figured that if someone did break into it the lid may fall and break a few of their fingers.

Also paint the pistol case blaze pink and blaze lime green or something highly visible - could help prevent some luggage handler from pulling it out of your baggage without being noticed.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Eagle River

You shoud just be able to put a lock on the case it came in and send it in your checked baggage. Make sure you declare it and all of that good stuf(check TSA and carrier regulations). I flew my 460 in the original case. It is a big case.