Thread: AIRE Traveler Weight Correction

Default AIRE Traveler Weight Correction

Hi folks,

There has been some incorrect information posted on the weight of the AIRE Traveler. The weight of this boat has always been around 54 lbs. AIRE mistakenly posted an incorrect weight on their website and in printed material that has been circulated. I have also repeated the heavier weight here in the rafting forum (I got my info from AIRE).

Sooo... the weight of the AIRE Traveler is 54 lbs. This might make a big difference for folks looking at a light-weight canoe for hunting, or for cata-canoe configurations.

Sorry for the mixup!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Hi folks,

There has been some incorrect information posted on the weight of the AIRE Traveler. The weight of this boat has always been around 54 lbs. AIRE mistakenly posted an incorrect weight on their website and in printed material that has been circulated. I have also repeated the heavier weight here in the rafting forum (I got my info from AIRE).

Sooo... the weight of the AIRE Traveler is 54 lbs. This might make a big difference for folks looking at a light-weight canoe for hunting, or for cata-canoe configurations.

Sorry for the mixup!

-Mike
    Mike,

It sure made a difference in my decision. I just purchased two travelers on the 31st. I was very pleased that Aire went through the extra effort of weighing both the canoe and the seats before I made my purchase. The actual weight of the canoe is 54.3lbs and with the two seats 62.75 lbs. I'd also like to say thanks to Mike Strahan for helping me with my first rafting purchase. His willingness to help others get started is truely remarkable. Thanks Mike.