Thread: Good camera

Default Good camera

What is a good camera that won't quit working if it gets a little wet or gets droped?

I have a Pentax W30. It is 100% waterproof and very tough. You can take underwater pictures with it if you want. I have seen some cool fish pictures taken that way. I use it on float trips so I can just keep it in my chest pocket on my waders. Great camera and it takes good pictures for a point and shoot. They have a newer model out now, perhaps the W60. I am sure it is much nicer than my model which is about three years old. Go to B&H Photo/Video website and check it out. That is a great place to buy from. Very reputable. Great camera. All the below images were taken with it. This was from a SW Alaska float trip in 2007.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...22658629/show/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Any of the Olympus SW series cameras will survive being dropped, or dunked in water. Some work underwater deeper and can survive a bigger drop than others though, and the ones with the higher survivability ratings usually cost more.

Neither the Pentax W or Olympus SW cameras are considered to have the best image quality in their class, but they both can take quite a bit of abuse, and still take reasonably good images.

Thanks for the help!

I have an Olympus 770 SW that I have carried for over a year now. I take it fishing (saltwater), hunting, hiking, shooting. It has lived a very hard life an does an outstanding job.
    It rides in my tacklebox, shirt pocket, hunting pack no problems.

Good luck.

Default Good Camera

The best way to go is the Olympus 1030. It can be dropped from 5', go 33' under water and will work down to 14 degrees. It is, without a doubt the best camera for your needs. 10 MP, great screen that can be seen in bright sun and dual image stabilization.
    We, as usual have great offers for all of the forum members

Default Price??

Don't tease us about the price now Cameraland! I would sure be interested in the price. And does it include shipping to Alaska?

Thanks!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com