Thread: First pictures with new XSI

Default First pictures with new XSI

After getting the wife a Rebel XSI for X-Mas we went about getting books, DVD's as well as Adobe Premiere Elements 7. We have been spending time together getting to know this camera and I must say with all this info it is overwelming. Not having left the house to take any photos, we decided to get out to Anchortown New Years Eve and see what we could do.
    Lot's of people and the weather made it somewhat difficult to get some ground pictures, so we just headed back to the warm Jeep and set up the tripod and waited till the fireworks started.
    We had just a little clue as to what we were doing. The fireworks happened quick and had little time to make many camera adjustments since we knew we had a limited time to shoot. I pretty much just kept pressing the remote button in hopes of capturing a colorfull picture.
    When it was all done 184 pictures (Raw & JPeg) were taken. Anyway this one one of the ones I liked best. After checking out what Photoshop can do we will be busy playing with these pictures for a month. We learned alot in the few minutes we had and look forward to more outings and applying what we are learning. I blew this one up as i think it looks (Cool) close up.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Nice shot!!!! great capture

Really well done with this capture. You are off to a great start. Have fun with the new camera and post images here often.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Thanks for posting Bob. We will expect many more images out of that new Xsi.

Sounds like you are on the right track. If you don't already have a book for PSE 7, be sure to get one. I have PSE 6 and got Scott Kelby's "Photoshop Elements 6 for Digital Photograhers" and it is an excellent book. Very easy to follow and starts off with the very basics. This book taught me tons about using PSE 6. Lots of pictures and it is easy to understand. I got three books for PSE 6 and this was by far the best.

I found it, not yet released, but hopefully soon will be. Great book.

http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Elem...1639359&sr=8-1
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default DVD on it's way

Ordered an interactive DVD for Elements 7 off Ebay. We are awaiting it's arrival as we have lots of pictures we would like to tinker with. It was a full moon last night and through the clouds here in Eagle River tried to get a few shots.
    Last edited by Formerly Montana Bob; 08-16-2009 at 10:31.

Default More Fireworks

The wife and I are in the learning proccess and are just taking as many photos as we can. Here is a few more of New Years in Anc.

Great job on these captures Bob. Keep them coming.