Thread: 257Wby Accumark Ready To Hunt

Default 257Wby Accumark Ready To Hunt

I was really happy with the accuracy of my 257Wby Accumark using the 100gr TSX. Had very tight groups and velocity was 3608fps. I tried 6 tenths of a grain more of RL-22, changed my OAL to 3.171" and my load was moving on average 3672fps and no primer or brass sign and no marks on bottom of brass. Of course I did not figure it would be over Max. since it is a publish load.
    Here is the group at .512"

I have adjusted to 2 1/2" at 100yds. Well, I think I am ready to go to hunt with Jerry who I will see Sunday evening and Monday we start.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Sound like the .257 is dialed in and ready to go...Good luck on your upcoming hunt!!!

Thanks, I am really looking forward to the hunt and using my new 257wby a second time. The first was last Monday on a gas line right-a-way at 354yd and it was lights out for that buck.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Too bad about that flyer BT. Was it the 3rd shot? Oh well... better luck next time

Good hunting

I wanna see more pix of the animal you catch.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    I wanna see more pix of the animal you catch.
    How about see some pictures of animals I kill Nitroman, I will be leaving in about 4 hours for my four day hunt in South Louisiana and I will be taking my 257Wby Accumark and my Mark V Custom 30-06.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Good luck BT. I hope you have a safe & enjoyable hunt. Post some pictures of the entrance/exit wounds from the quarter-bore. I'm curious.

Come on.....its a weatherby accumark. Were you really expacting to get something less. That rifle is a killing maching. I have a .300wby accumark with muzzle brake. A killer to the sub-inch. I can't find a single fault with those guns. Expensive but a nail driver for sure. The deer and caribou I have killed with mine go down like a ton of bricks. And at a distance of.....so far....out to 250 yards.

No one can argue that the .257wby was way ahead of its time. Even after 64 years it still competes with the best of them. Almost all weatherby mags still compete with the ballistics of the best modern calibers.

I am looking for a .257wby ultatralight for long trips on caribou and such. Be sure to post up some of your trips so we can drool over them.

You have a nail driven machine.