Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Ruger

Default Question for Ruger

Just recived a new Ruger Alaskan.Ruger likes to say American made alot but what a suprise to fine a cheap pad lock made in China in side the Ruger buy American box.It somehow cheapens the high dollar gun experance and I'll be letting Ruger know it.

you worry too much about the small stuff.........check your stores and try to find "american made"??? truth is, most of our mfg is out of country.

ruger makes a fine product, and they were among the first to stand up against frivolous big city anti-gun suits. they spoke up the old fashioned way........with money!

i had dinner with bill (sr) and a more loyal american is yet to be born! the company continues to this day with a strong responsible message & a great product.

jh

Those so-called "gun locks" get thrown in a box with all the other junk I accumulate.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

I just bought a Ruger Alaskan as well and i was happy that much of it was american made. i would like to see 100% US made but i dont think that will happen. When a guy who sweeps floors in Detroit at GM makes 110k a year there is no way they can be competitive. I love my Ruger!

Quote Originally Posted by ak257 View Post
    Those so-called "gun locks" get thrown in a box with all the other junk I accumulate.
    Isn't there some kind of federal law now that mandates new firearms come with a "gun lock" of some sort?

Default don't ever foget what Bill did to us...

At the same time let's not forget that Bill Ruger supported the "assault rifle" / large magazine ban in the early 90s! His public statement was something like "no one needs a gun that shoots over 10 times". Bill was one of the reasons that the so called "assault rifle ban" got passed. Since he didn't make any rifles that got banned he was much less affected - but it put the hurt on some of his competitors like Colt.

I don't know if Bill was selling out his principles to gain a competitive business advantage or what - but he was not a true friend of the 2nd admendment! Bottom line: Bill sold us out!

As to standing up to the anti-gun bills remember that Ruger was one of the big sources of cheap semi-automatic pistols - and Ruger was only protecting their own butts!

Ruger makes some fine products - but Bill Ruger was certainly not our best friend when it cames to gun rights. I suspect if he had been in a different business he would have been an anti-gun rights supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by pinehavensredrocket View Post
    you worry too much about the small stuff.........check your stores and try to find "american made"??? truth is, most of our mfg is out of country.

ruger makes a fine product, and they were among the first to stand up against frivolous big city anti-gun suits. they spoke up the old fashioned way........with money!

i had dinner with bill (sr) and a more loyal american is yet to be born! the company continues to this day with a strong responsible message & a great product. jh
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Isn't there some kind of federal law now that mandates new firearms come with a "gun lock" of some sort?

i believe that was an attachment from the brady bill (misguided legislation) that first sought voluntary compliance from the gun companies. later it became law.

certain states (and districts of columbia (?) imposed tougher standards as to recieving and storing firearms. their position is that only felons are allowed to posses firearms ( tongue in cheek, but not by much).

the supreme court this last year said that didn't fly.........

jh

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    At the same time let's not forget that Bill Ruger supported the "assault rifle" / large magazine ban in the early 90s! His public statement was something like "no one needs a gun that shoots over 10 times". Bill was one of the reasons that the so called "assault rifle ban" got passed. Since he didn't make any rifles that got banned he was much less affected - but it put the hurt on some of his competitors like Colt.

I don't know if Bill was selling out his principles to gain a competitive business advantage or what - but he was not a true friend of the 2nd admendment! Bottom line: Bill sold us out!

As to standing up to the anti-gun bills remember that Ruger was one of the big sources of cheap semi-automatic pistols - and Ruger was only protecting their own butt

Ruger makes some fine products - but Bill Ruger was certainly not our best friend when it cames to gun rights. I suspect if he had been in a different business he would have been an anti-gun rights supporter!
    i think you are way off the mark here...
    jh

Default Ruger

TVfinak's remarks about Bill Ruger making concessins to the anti-crowd are right on the money. Bill rolled over when it came to the magazine ban. At least now Ruger is making some amends by promoting their inauguration day 20 round magazine sale. Someone else said that Bill is probably rolling over in his grave.

i believe that was an attachment from the brady bill (misguided legislation) that first sought voluntary compliance from the gun companies. later it became law.

certain states (and districts of columbia (?) imposed tougher standards as to recieving and storing firearms. their position is that only felons are allowed to posses firearms ( tongue in cheek, but not by much).

the supreme court this last year said that didn't fly.........

jh
    Well then, I guess a cheap Chinese padlock makes the feds happy. Ruger probably buys them from the lowest bidder. I'll have to check the little brass lock that came with my SBH that I bought years ago. It's for locking the plastic case, for all the good that will do. It has the Ruger logo but I have no idea where it was made.

Ruger and S&W were both sucked up to Clinton in the 90's! I would not buy these brands at all until they reformed their views. S&W was sold by the English company that had it to an American business in the mid 90’s due to no one buying them over their anti-gun dealings. Ruger fired the company’s president that made those statements and some others that were moving the business away from guns to golf clubs. My wife worked for Ruger’s Prescott Arizona plant, at the time it was a very anti-gun workplace that made things like golf clubs, no gun stuff at all. After the shakeup they started making gun parts and attitudes about guns changed greatly.

We can thank Clinton for not having any thing made in the USA now, NAFTA! We should also thank Bush for expanding global “free trade” on his watch. All the free trade laws do is undermine American workers by forcing them to compete with third world slave like labor that our big business fat cats are exploiting. I don’t mind buying imported goods, but I look for things made in a first world country if I can’t find it US made. At least Canada or England are fair competition, they are not exploiting starving people in unsafe factories for a buck a day before rent at the dorms.

Andy

Default Also bad management!

You are correct - S&W also sucked up the anti-gun crowd. I didn't buy S&W guns either until they were sold to a pro-American group. I remember Sen. K. Bailey Hutchingson (spelling?) who is going to take a shot at being Gov. of TX also sold us out on the Brady Bill & assault rifle ban - we can't forget what these people did to us.

Cheap foreign labor is and he selling out by Bush and Clinton are only part of the problem. The biggest problem now - with the labor content of most products being so low - is the incompetent greedy managment of America companies. One source of sucess attibuted to the Jap manufacturing plants is that they only have a couple of layers of management between the worker on the facotry floor and the CEO - we have dozens of layers of MBAs who only worry what the guy below and above them are making. Go back and read Tom Peter's books from the 70's - he had it nailed down way back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Ruger and S&W were both sucked up to Clinton in the 90's! I would not buy these brands at all until they reformed their views. S&W was sold by the English company that had it to an American business in the mid 90’s due to no one buying them over their anti-gun dealings. Ruger fired the company’s president that made those statements and some others that were moving the business away from guns to golf clubs. My wife worked for Ruger’s Prescott Arizona plant, at the time it was a very anti-gun workplace that made things like golf clubs, no gun stuff at all. After the shakeup they started making gun parts and attitudes about guns changed greatly.

We can thank Clinton for not having any thing made in the USA now, NAFTA! We should also thank Bush for expanding global “free trade” on his watch. All the free trade laws do is undermine American workers by forcing them to compete with third world slave like labor that our big business fat cats are exploiting. I don’t mind buying imported goods, but I look for things made in a first world country if I can’t find it US made. At least Canada or England are fair competition, they are not exploiting starving people in unsafe factories for a buck a day before rent at the dorms.

Andy
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Wish I was..

jh-

I wish I was - but go back and do your research. It isn't pretty what you will find out.

I was at the Shot Show in Dallas in the early 90s when groups were picketting Ruger outside the hall. It was not a happy time and a lot of us still remember Bill selling us out.

i think you are way off the mark here...
    jh

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    jh-

I wish I was - but go back and do your research. It isn't pretty what you will find out.

I was at the Shot Show in Dallas in the early 90s when groups were picketting Ruger outside the hall. It was not a happy time and a lot of us still remember Bill selling us out.
    ouch! i think i've been stepped on. anyway, dispute of the facts or not those were dark days. the libs nearly put our gunmakers out of business by fanatical charges from big city mayors. lets hope the future doesn't repeat itself.

go NRA!

jh

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Just recived a new Ruger Alaskan.Ruger likes to say American made alot but what a suprise to fine a cheap pad lock made in China in side the Ruger buy American box.It somehow cheapens the high dollar gun experance and I'll be letting Ruger know it.
    I'm with ya. Let em know!

I wrote a letter to the Alaskan Brewing Company last year after I noticed some of their retail clothing in the gift shop was made in Vietnam.

It matters to me because they have a great product that I boast about as being local. So, while I'm supporting them as "genuine" they are supporting a communist regime in the name of capitalism.

It just doesn't sit right with me.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Default Sorry but...

I didn't mean to be insulting or disagreeable but when someone refers to Bill Ruger as a "great American" and "champion of gun rights" history demands that the record to be set straight. It's almost as bad as trying to tell a Vietnam Vet what a great woman and supporter of the American troops Jane Fonda was.

Bill sold us out - plan and simple! I'm sorry I have to burst your illusion of Bill but his legend on gun ownership should be one of shame - not glory.

To misquote a popular bumper sticker of years past - "I'll forgive Bill when the Jews forgive Hitler".

Incidently I've been a Life Member of the NRA for nearly 40 years although I did upgrade to Endowment status some years back. I do put my money where my mouth is!

ouch! i think i've been stepped on. anyway, dispute of the facts or not those were dark days. the libs nearly put our gunmakers out of business by fanatical charges from big city mayors. lets hope the future doesn't repeat itself.

go NRA!

jh

Bill Ruger: A great man that made a few mistakes ... but a great man nonetheless.

Can't dispute what he did, but he did many, many good things too.

We can't all be perfect.

Default ruger gun locks

If Ruger really wanted American made trigger locks they could have had them! I worked for GM, part of my job required "lockout".myself and fellow Co-workers each receive three locks for that purpose.The union requirement was that all locks be standardized and AMERICAN made. They where, made by Yale, and kept manufacturing jobs from going over seas!! By the way Kqpcr there is no such thing as "100 grand GM floor sweeper" that's been a myth going around many years!

My way of thinking is ruger knows most of us toss the locks anyway, they are just playing to the anti's. Why watse money when they know we toss em. I've bought 5 new guns in the last year and tossed all the locks

Default so did Benedict..

Benedict Arnold also did some great things as a military leader before he sold out and finally was caught and hung as a spy! Judas also was a recognized good guy before he sold out for his thirty pieces of silver. Jane Fonda was a popular entertainer before she sided with the Communists. All of them made a "few mistakes" also. Do we forgive them because they weren't perfect?

I'm not sure what made Bill so great but I don't think he ever apolgized to the American public for selling us out for his pieces of silver so he could sell more guns. He was probably a big factor in High Standards, Colt's, and Winchester's finanical problems. I suspect he was more of a businessman than a supporter of any gun rights or a true lover of firearms.

I was there and fought the battle trying to preserve our gun rights - Bill was on the other side and supported the enemy. In my book - and that of many others who were there - he will always be a traitor. The younger generations - who wasn't there - should never forget what Bill did to us.

Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    Bill Ruger: A great man that made a few mistakes ... but a great man nonetheless.

Can't dispute what he did, but he did many, many good things too.

We can't all be perfect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast