Thread: 40 Mile Air Float Hunts

Default 40 Mile Air Float Hunts

Hello all. I am wondering if anyone has used 40 Mile Air for a float hunt? They have a few different options that they list on their web site and was curious how those are. If you have any info you feel like sharing, please do. I have heard nothing but great things about 40 Mile Air and they seem to be wonderful people willing to spend the time answering your questions.

Thanks in advance for any help you choose to give.

Default I used them

Hi- I used them about 4-5 years ago to. We flew into Joseph and floated the Middle and North Forks of the Forty Mile down to the bridge on the Taylor Highway (about 90 miles). The scenery was great and for the most part the river was fairly easy to travel. Make sure and check ahead of time on water levels because there a lot of rocks and rock gardens in the Middle Fork to negotiate. We did have one portage at the Kink (stay to the right). We went through the "Chute" (falls) without any problems. We did take one caribou and should have had another out of four people.
    Forty Mile are great people to work with and they even moved our truck to Taylor's Lodge near the bridge for our transport back home. Taylor's was a nice spot to spend one night before our trip back home.