Thread: Fishing Anchorage area in early November?

Lightbulb Fishing Anchorage area in early November?

I had an email from an Eastern European interested in fishing somewhere around Anchorage while at a fisheries conference in late October and early November. Many of you know far more than me about the possibilities for fishing around the Anchorage area. Would you be willing to make some suggestions?

Here's the note:
    I am very interested in amateur fishing. In this respect as I am participating in the fisheries related symposium in Alaska Anchorage) during 31.10-3.11.2006 just wonder is the still exists some fishing possibilities in near Anchorage surroundings after above mentioned date (lake, river, sea fishing). I would like to stay some days more but maybe everything is frozen already. If not so I would be grateful to receive your info concerning available options.
    I will send a link with this thread so he will be able to see your replies.

Thanks! David

Default is kachemak bay close enough to count?

always some kings around, and good charters willing to go for 'em.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

The Upper Kenai will be not frozen, particularly near Kenai Lake. You better be a tough hombre, and know how to fish trout in the winter to succeed. There are a couple of guides who live year round in Cooper Landing, and could hook him into some rainbows, dollys and perhaps silvers. Last year I caught fresh silvers clear into December. How bad does he want to sport fish, and what type of cold is he willing to endure. Also, the weather could be a crap shoot for such a short window of his availability. Daylight pretty short too.