Thread: Alaska Zoo Needs Fish

Default Alaska Zoo Needs Fish

The Alaska Zoo needs any excess fish that anyone might be getting rid of. It cannot be smoked or spiced.

Default needs fish?

In the past I have tried to donate some freezer burnt fish from a friends freezer and was told that it would NOT be accepted - also tried to donate the bones and trimmings from a moose hunt - again rejected!! They told me they would only accept GOOD meat I'm thinking that I'll be eating any GOOD meat and they can have the scraps if they want!!

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    In the past I have tried to donate some freezer burnt fish from a friends freezer and was told that it would NOT be accepted - also tried to donate the bones and trimmings from a moose hunt - again rejected!! They told me they would only accept GOOD meat I'm thinking that I'll be eating any GOOD meat and they can have the scraps if they want!!

I have run into that in the past, too. I did not realize that "wild" animals were so picky. Perhaps they are in need for meat/fish for staff gatherings
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I've been told they don't want white meat fish, do anyone have the particulars of how to donate. Do you just take the fish there? At the main entrance?

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    I've been told they don't want white meat fish, do anyone have the particulars of how to donate. Do you just take the fish there? At the main entrance?
    Main entrance.