Thread: gonna be a while before i get any fresh king...

Unhappy gonna be a while before i get any fresh king...

homer harbor is frozen up hard.
    a few of the cod boats are still making it out, and a couple charters went out two days ago and fished all day in near zero wind chill to catch a fish to the boat.
    with the forecast i don't anticipate breaking out for at least 10-14 days if then
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Well that sucks...I was going to call Rich and see if he wanted to head out when I get off the slope this month....I guess there's still Feb and March if things warm up. Sure hope we don't have another non-summer this year!
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Talking When do you start searching for winter Kings

Dave
    I'm already anticipating the Winter King Tournament in March.Do you start scouting things out a few weeks before ?No doubt a lot is weather dependent.I hope the harbor won't be frozen in this year.Two years ago they had to postpone the tournament for a week.It worked out good for me cause I was on-slope on the original date.I better start looking at the calender a little farther to get my timing right.By the way....thanks for the very good info about the bluffs a couple of weeks ago.Got my blood warmed.Bring on spring...............

Talking scouting? scouting? we don't need no steenking scouting!

we fish all the time down here... whenever the weather lets us.
    it's not "scouting"... it's fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    homer harbor is frozen up hard.
    a few of the cod boats are still making it out, and a couple charters went out two days ago and fished all day in near zero wind chill to catch a fish to the boat.
    with the forecast i don't anticipate breaking out for at least 10-14 days if then

Well, maybe it will get really, really cold and we can cancel the winter king derby altogether to reorganize the 1st Annual Homer Dave Ice Fishing Winter King Derby. What are the odds that it will freeze solid out to the bluffs?

Talking

i already ordered some tip-ups