Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: POST SOME PICTURES!! something,anything, a rock, a tree, a toilet...

Talking POST SOME PICTURES!! something,anything, a rock, a tree, a toilet...

This is the Outdoors Photography forum. Where are the pictures?? I see some here and there, but not enough. It is winter time. People are bored (I am anyway). Lots of talented photographers on here. SHOW ME SOME PICTURES!

I will start...

Nantucket, Mass (My current salt mine 30 miles off the coast of Mass)

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default OK

Great idea man. Here are a few from Jamaica...

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks for sharing. Hey, I got one. Here is a picture of a nat. Rock, tree, toilet, nat?

Default Back when life was simple...

Ever seen a North Carolina style water fountain?

Back when life was simple

Default Falling....

Help!! I am falling......

To ND or not to ND....

Holly Smokes Dan, You gettin' good ...I mean you are already there! A bunch of really great captures. My favorite is number one, sunset & waves. It is always good to see your work and looking forward to seeing more.

Oh man, I almost forgot the moon shot! I have never been able to pull off one of those thats worth sharing. Amazing! Did you use the 100-400mm and crop? Details please.

http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Here are a few more ...

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Great shots Eddie. I knew you would post something pretty quick. Love your images. I saw the sun rays coming through the trees up above and heard church organs man Good stuff!

As for the moon shot, it was with the 100-400 at near 400 mm. Then cropped in a major way. Even at 400mm it looked like a half dollar on a sheet of typing paper. Still stayed fairly sharp. I used a tripod with a 300 lb photographer and a cable release. Clear night of course helped. It was a bit of a lucky shot to be honest. This was the first shot I had ever taken at the moon.

"Will the circle be unbroken? By and by Lord, by and by, There's a better home a-waitin' In the sky Lord, in the sky."

You hearing it man?

OK, that's it for now ...

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Great shots Eddie. I knew you would post something pretty quick. Love your images. I saw the sun rays coming through the trees up above and heard church organs man Good stuff!

As for the moon shot, it was with the 100-400 at near 400 mm. Then cropped in a major way. Even at 400mm it looked like a half dollar on a sheet of typing paper. Still stayed fairly sharp. I used a tripod with a 300 lb photographer and a cable release. Clear night of course helped. It was a bit of a lucky shot to be honest. This was the first shot I had ever taken at the moon.

"Will the circle be unbroken? By and by Lord, by and by, There's a better home a-waitin' In the sky Lord, in the sky."

You hearing it man?

Amen Brother!

Am I hearin' it? You know it! Man my ears are still ringin' ...maybe it was the rapid fire with the .357 at midnight that did it, not sure though.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, great job on the moon shot!

Here is data on the moon shot....

Camera: Canon EOS 40D
    Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Focal Length: 400 mm
    ISO Speed: 400
    Exposure Bias: 0 EV
    Flash: Flash did not fire

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
    X-Resolution: 72 dpi
    Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
    Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 Windows
    Date and Time: 2008:02:20 01:42:16
    YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
    Exposure Program: Manual
    Date and Time (Original): 2008:02:20 01:21:23
    Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:02:20 01:21:23
    Shutter Speed: 655360/65536
    Metering Mode: Pattern

Eddie,

Looking over your images again. The duck with the foreground reflection... excellent man!

Default Kenai...

Here is some from the Kenai...

Last edited by Icebear; 08-22-2012 at 14:05.

I don't have a real expensive camera, and im not very goood at this yet but here is a couple I've got. 1st pic is at the russian river confluence. and the 2nd is of Tangle lakes valley.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1st one i took while we were driving home from portage and the 2nd is of the Alaska range with the Susitna river.

Thanks for joining in man. It does not matter what kind of camera you got!! Just glad to see a change in scenery. Thanks buddy. Remember, I am on an island 30 miles off the coast of Cape Cod. I was working the ER (nurse) for the last 13 hours, drunks, ambulances, cops, fights, snowing outside with 45 mph winds. Your pics from Alaska are looking GOOD to me

glacier up in Tompson pass on the way to Valdez

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast