Thread: Anyone been on Denali from Paxon lodge lately?

Default Anyone been on Denali from Paxon lodge lately?

Will be headed that way soon. Just waitin on our machines to come in. Should be here within the week. Cant wait!!!!!!
    Last edited by DaveLuntz; 12-31-2008 at 23:09.

Default Denali Highway conditions

Dave,
    I just got back from there Sunday. I traveled in from Cantwell, went to my place at 68 mile, then to Maclaren lodge, then we went down to Tangle lakes looking for what we thought was a lost musher. Turned out she was okay.

Riding the highway is excellent! There's some wind blows here and there, but nothing major. It is most likely a lot more windblown between Tangle and Paxton, but they just held the Gin Gin 200 sled dog race there last weekend.

All I can say is 'Dress Warm!' It was colder then a ...... well you guys can fill in the rest...
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

a lot of the mushers from the gingin were saying that between paxson and tangles there were some bare spots on the road from the wind.

Default Maclaren lodge

http://www.maclarenlodge.com/

The folks at Maclaren River Lodge are a wealth of info, give them a call if you don't find what you want on there site, they are very nice people to deal with and do a great service to the whole area by grooming the road for anyone to use. stop by the Lodge even if you are just passing through and spend a few dollars on a meal or refreshment, they put out a lot of theirselves at no charge and a lodge like that deserves our support.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Default Ditto to Maclaren!

Right on Lowe & Slow! Al and Sue at Maclaren are great people and would give you their shirt if you needed it! I'm one of thier closest nieghbors, and they saved my butt many times this year while I've been working on my place. Saved me some trips all the way back to Anchorage or Fairbanks for parts and pieces I forgot to bring up with me.

They'll be happy to answer any questions you have, I'm sure!

I've never had a bad time there! Great people, and great place!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com