Thread: Range Finder Problem???

Unhappy Range Finder Problem???

As a special Christmas gift I found one of my dogs had a new *toy* that she was shredding...come to find out it was a Nikon Range Finder case, but no Range Finder. I went outside and found a frozen Range Finder half buried in the snow. I brought it indoors, removed all the snow, pulled the battery, and let it warm to room temperature. It seems to be working fine now. Anything I should be watching for? I will test the *true* distances when it warms up a bit. It seems the dogs found the *case* much more fun to destroy than the actual tool, (I think I got off lucky).
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Sounds like a quality field test. I would probably let it dry a couple days then take it out and let it get cold again to see if it fogs up now. An overnight in the truck would probably suffice for that test. If it survives that you probably dodged a bullet.

My Nikon 440 sat at the bottom of the Chulitna River for a day before I found it. It couldn't survive that kind of immersion I sent it to Nikon to see if they could repair it and they just sent me a new one. My new Nikon has spent days soaked and frozen and hasn't missed a lick.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem