Thread: Prince william sound board of fisheries meeting

Default Prince william sound board of fisheries meeting

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...nr.cfm?id=1028

It is now legal to use sport-caught pink and chum salmon for bait while sport fishing. A pink or chum salmon used as bait still counts as part of your bag/possession limit.
    I thought that some of you guys who like fishing in PWS would like this. I had not seen any post on the subject.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Nice! Thanks for posting this.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Nice! I'll have to shove a whole chum into one of my shrimp pots this spring and see what happens. I'll probably catch an octopus, a handful of sea lice, and a cup or two of empty shrimp shells, but at least it'll be interesting!

IMHO there ain't nuth'in that fishes as good as shrimp pellets (and thats not cause i sell'em) i've tried all kinds of bait tricks from my lobster'in days and the pellets still outfish'em all.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    IMHO there ain't nuth'in that fishes as good as shrimp pellets (and thats not cause i sell'em) i've tried all kinds of bait tricks from my lobster'in days and the pellets still outfish'em all.
    I must agree with Potbuilder on the pellets. They have out fished everything else I have tried, plus there is no mess to contend with. Just don't let your dog eat any of the loose ones.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I've been reading about them magic pellets of yours, Steve. I've made it a priority to buy some from you at the Sportsmans Show in Anchorage this April. Is it just me, or is this winter seeming to drag on more so than usual? I really can't wait to get out shrimping and fishing again...

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Hands down the pellets are the way to go!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default Is it just me, or...

Are you guys having any problems with getting those pellets to stay on the hook when you're trolling for salmon sharks?

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    Are you guys having any problems with getting those pellets to stay on the hook when you're trolling for salmon sharks?

You're doing it wrong. You have to troll the whole entire pot with shrimp and the pellets. Gosh, you didn't know that?

Looks like they reduce the number of rock fish that can taken in Prince William Sound from 5 to 4. I wonder how that is going to work if you fish out side the Sound like at Seal Rocks or Cape Spencer then take you fish back to your home port of Valdez, Whitter, or Cordova?

Default traveling through areas with different bag limits

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    Looks like they reduce the number of rock fish that can taken in Prince William Sound from 5 to 4. I wonder how that is going to work if you fish out side the Sound like at Seal Rocks or Cape Spencer then take you fish back to your home port of Valdez, Whitter, or Cordova?
    When we travel to and from Seward there are times when we are catching lingcod in the ocean and then running through the Bay to get in. We are not allowed to fish in the bay. Same holds true for salmon, If we catch 6 salmon in the bay, then we can't leave the bay to fish for anything. So If you have 5 rockfish from outside, you can transit the Sound but can't stop and fish inside anymore.
    It seems like a better solution is to have the bag limit on rockfish and lingcod be the same everywhere.
    Now they extended the boundry line of PWS to Cape Fairfield so areas where there were a one lingcod bag limit and the supply of lings were scarece are now open to keeping two lings in that area....Stupid.