Thread: Warp drive vs whirl wind props.

Talking Warp drive vs whirl wind props.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WITCH ONE IS BETTER THE WARP DRIVE OR THE WHIRL WIND.

Default IVO

I use the ground adjustable IVO prop. It eliminates all the fiddling around with a protracter. Also I believe it is lighter than the other styles of prop (less aluminum at the hub) so it spins up a little faster. The weight is probably not that big an issue depending on size of engine.

Just another option.

I have been trying to find an answer to your question for 15 years. What I have learned is you need to look at the complete system when selecting a prop. Not just what prop is best.

1. What size of boat 13ft, 18 ft or 20 ft.?
    2. What are you going to use your boat for, racing, drying running, and hauling freight?
    3. Do you want fuel economy, power or low noise?

When I had my airboat built the person did not know (or care) you need to have an engine designed to match the boat, reducer, and prop. Just because it’s a 350, 383, or 450 is not the answer. The carburetor size and how it is tuned will make a good boat a great boat. IF your engine needs a different carburetor.

I also have a Warp Drive prop on a 18ft. boat, and a 350 engine (310-330 Hp.) and I have been wanting better performance. Before I go to a new prop, I need a different cam, carburetor, exhaust manifold and mufflers’, and a different reducer gear ratio.

In my case just adding a new prop may or may not increase performance. I need to do all the above before looking at a new prop because my prop will then be maxed out.

My suggestion is to make sure your airboat is working at it maximum performance before adding a new prop and if your boat can drive a bigger prop.