Thread: Hornady Interlocks

Wink Hornady Interlocks

Anybody have any experience using 300 grain interlocks in the 375 RUM on LARGE animals? I'm wondering how they would hold up at the 375's RUM;s increased impact vel. Thanks Bill.

[QUOTE=LongHunter7;28720]Anybody have any experience using 300 grain interlocks in the 375 RUM on LARGE animals? I'm wondering how they would hold up at the 375's RUM;s increased impact vel. Thanks Bill.[/in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt 24.44.]

Default 300gr Swift A-Frame

Not to side bar your thread, but I leave in 4 days for a Newfoundland Moose hunt and I picked the A-Frame over the Interlock or the Partition in my 375RUM just because I'm worried about hitting a shoulder at 30yards.

I'll let you all know how it does.

Default Interlock durability

I know they don't hold up coming out of an H&H at 2700 fps. That being said the critters couldn't stand against it. The 300 grain Interlocks have grouped really well in both of my .375s and the 270 grainers with 73 grains of Reloder 15 is the most accurate load I have ever developed. Hornady bullets shoot well but are not very durable IMO. I have not tried the Interbonds yet.

Default .338 interlock

I shot two animals with an interlock out of my .338 this year. The first was a sheep. For what the first shot did, I may as well have used a spitball. The second one took out her spine near the base of her skull. That did the trick.

The second animal was a goat at 75 yds or so. I hit both shoulders and both lungs. She fell on her face, twitched a little bit, and died. Her lungs were totally destroyed. Not much for entrance or exit holes, though.

Not sure I will keep shooting them. I have some Barnes X Triple Shocks I want to start shooting.

Default Interlocks

Interlocks are the shiznit. Really, I like them. Just match the bullet to the game/cartridge. Might want to choose a heavy one for the RUM.