Thread: I know I know you've heard it before.

Default I know I know you've heard it before.

So I haven't been in AK for very long but have wanted a cabin since I was a kid. Thought about buying 5 acres in Southern Indiana, where my roots are, and building a cabin. However, beeing able to have a view of the mountains would be much better. The only problem is I have no idea where to look for land that's somewhat accesible, not too far out for resupply and close enough to where we would work. Ideally we would be up in the mountains, self sufficient, and not have to work again, but I don't see that happening. Any ideas on where to start looking for some acreage up here? 5-10 acres would be enough.

Well I'd start looking at where it was'nt -40,-50 Dang its cold out here

Won't be a mountain view then, but yeah it's cold.

Guess land and locations are kept secret here.

No Secrets here, theres lots of stuff on history of the form + theres a add right on this page. Alaska land for sale. Also try Remote property.. Hatcher pass, Willow, Keni, Cantwell ,Glenallen, Ect.... Kinda haveda fig. out what you want, than go from there.

DNR is another good place to look. 1 more payment next week and my 10 acres is ALL MINE!!!!!!WOOOHOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    DNR is another good place to look. 1 more payment next week and my 10 acres is ALL MINE!!!!!!WOOOHOOOOO.
    Lucky 10 acres would be perfect. Wanna sell. Thanks for the suggestions, still undecided what location to look at. So many choices so little time.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    So I haven't been in AK for very long but have wanted a cabin since I was a kid. Thought about buying 5 acres in Southern Indiana, where my roots are, and building a cabin. However, beeing able to have a view of the mountains would be much better. The only problem is I have no idea where to look for land that's somewhat accesible, not too far out for resupply and close enough to where we would work. Ideally we would be up in the mountains, self sufficient, and not have to work again, but I don't see that happening. Any ideas on where to start looking for some acreage up here? 5-10 acres would be enough.
    There are lots of places to look. www.alaskarealestate.com www.craigslist.com an a lot more.

You need to focus in on an area and start looking.

If you need to have a road and power and phone, that narrows it down a lot. The closer it is to Anchorage the more expensive it becomes. Every foot away from Anchorage is a penny less. Lets see, depending on your starting price if you get far enough away from Anchorage it'll be free. So that is only a rule of thumb.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com