Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Your 'NEW YEARS HUNTING RESOLUTION?'

Default What's Your 'NEW YEARS HUNTING RESOLUTION?'

Thought it might be interesting to see people's hunting resolutions for the New Year! Funny or serious! Here's some of my top few:

1) I resolve to quit putting in for hunting tags in area's that may kill me some day!

2) I resolve to quit buying motorized vehicles, and start going more old fashioned by hiking to my hunting area's.

3) I resolve to actually do something about game regulations that don't make sense, instead of just complaining about them!

Anyhow, I'm excited to see what things you guys have resolved to change about your hunting for the coming year!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Talking I'd like

to KILL something with my stickbow

Thumbs up Hunt in Alaska

My goal this year is to hunt with my son in Alaska!

To get out and enjoy another year in this great state! If I get to take an animal in the process, then that will be just icing on the cake!

I hope to find a goat that will give himself to me.

That's a start.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

To connect with a black bear this year..... Baiting was a bust last year with only Browns hitting it.

Default My New Year's Resolution...

Is to take my boy Zach out hunting as much as possible this year. Last year was his first year and I can't wait to get him back out this season. We're already planning our spring bear trips and talking about moose and caribou as well. Here's a couple of pictures of the critters he harvested last year. Hopefully we'll add a few more to the family photo album this season.

Happy New Year and God Bless!
    Shannon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine is to bag my first animal with my bow maybe a Blackie, Moose and if I get a chance a Brownie not asking for much

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

MINE IS TO figure out who to vote forum member of the year... it is the 29th. only 2 days left get your votes in now.. I have never hunted so hard.. to find ONE person who deserves it but i am getting close.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I also would like to get my older son out, along with:

Walk in for Sheep.

Spring Griz from a sled trip.

One good sized moose, perferable while hunting horse back (perfer to get my son out here).

Plenty of time with the new lab in the field.

I have plenty of time to take off but doubt that more than two of the above will be possible with work.

Share a mountainside with a legal ram.

That is it.

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Thought it might be interesting to see people's hunting resolutions for the New Year! Funny or serious! Here's some of my top few:

1) I resolve to quit putting in for hunting tags in area's that may kill me some day!

2) I resolve to quit buying motorized vehicles, and start going more old fashioned by hiking to my hunting area's.

3) I resolve to actually do something about game regulations that don't make sense, instead of just complaining about them!

Anyhow, I'm excited to see what things you guys have resolved to change about your hunting for the coming year!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!
    To set some time away for me to take a hunting trip
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Black Bear

I have said it for years, but this year I will put the time in for a bait site, or find a hillside to consistantly hunt. No more excuses.

Smile well....

Once again I have reached the conclusion that I need to loose weight and exercise more. I can't do much about getting older, but I know the #1 thing that would improve my hunting experience is to be in better physical condition. So after the knee surgery I am going to give it my best. I want to hunt with my grandchildren. I hope I am not saying this again next year!

My New Years resolution is to do everything possible to help my wife get her first ram this year.

Default This year's resolution...

1) To relax more and fully appreciate the hunting experience with my best friends.
    2) To make certain that my daughter gets out hunting for her first rabbits, deer and black bear--regardless of whether or not we get one!
    3) Make sure that my wife has everything that she needs or wants at the home front. Then I won't get any crap for leaving most every three-day weekend for hunting or fishing all year long...
    4) Get my son out to start his shooting experience at the range.

Default My new year's resolutions are...

to continue exploring places I've never been.

to spend more time at the archery range - I never could get in a good rhythm this last year.

to refill the "red meat" freezer.

to spoil my wife like crazy between now and August so she's in a good mood when I go missing for a month or two.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Default Seasons

My resolutions for this year:

Snowshoe up the mountains at least once durring the spring to try and find some brown bear dens and pattern early season Brownies in the alpine.

I've got a particular Mt. just littered with goats calling my name. I've climbed every peak around it and this one needs some thinning in 09.

I want to get my duck decoys shipped up from the lower 48 and do at least one traditional spread and work my dogs.

I'm always going after that elusive 110" or greater Sitka. I'll continue with that.

And safety, safety, safety which starts with tons of preseason training. Flexibility, Strength, and Agility. Theres no time like now to get ready for me its 210 days until mountain hunting.

One last thing.....I'll be shipping back all that gear that failed and getting a replacement or repair.

Happy new year!

I'm resolved to doing more grouse hunting this spring for sure.

The last two springs were too difficult for me.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Default 2009

I resolve to hunt/fish as much as possible.

I resolve to enjoy every day like it was my last.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast