Cozies are real popular in the lightweight backpacking crowd. Seems that most of us outdoorsman are less familiar. Thought I would ask and see who is using cozies. It is a great way to increase fuel effeciency by reducing cooking times. Also, it keeps the food warm after the stove is turned off. I have had cold grayling gumbo on more than one fall float trip in NW Alaska.

Used to be you would have to make your own. Now there is at least one company making them commercially. I found a company that makes them for almost any pot made. They will custom make them for other sizes. We all want to save fuel, so this seems like a great idea. Also, they are cheap, pack small, and weigh next to nothing.

Below are the specs for the cozie they make to fit my 2L MSR Black Lite pot and a link to the website beneath it. They sell cozies for pots, Mtn House type bags, and ziplock freezer meals. Very slick. I do however find the claimed cooking times below to be pure tree hugger hype, but I am sure it would cut down on cooking times and keep food/water hot longer.

"Weight: 1.6 oz.

Construction Material: very light weight foil backed insulation

It's not how much you carry that counts, what really matters is how much you are not required to carry. The cozy for the MSR 2.0 Liter Blacklite Pot weighs only 1.6 ounces and will easily save it's weight in fuel-not-needed over and over again. The cozy keeps the heat in so food continues to cook long after you have taken the pot off the stove. One of my favorite trail meals is Santa Fe Beans and Rice rolled into burritos. Normally this requires 25 minutes on the stove. With the cozy I just cook it for about 6 or 7 minutes on the alcohol stove and then place the pot in the cozy. I seal up the cozy by simply pressing the insulation around the top. 20 minutes later the food is completly cooked and still too hot to eat. That saves me more than 20 minutes of fuel...every time. I boil several cups of water for breakfast and the cozy will keep the rest of the water hot for my second or third cup of coffee. "

Below is the model you put Mtn House or Backpackers Pantry meals in...