Thread: track measurements

Question track measurements

I have a used track my old roomate left in the shed. Not sure which of the 4 sleds he owned that it was for(2Skidoo,1Polaris,1yamaha). Can anyone tell me how to get the right measurements of the track so I know what it will fit?

Default Just count it out

Measure the distance from one of the driver openings to the same point on the next one. The majority of tracks will give you about 2.52" from window to window. Now, mark your starting window (a piece of masking tape works well) and count how many windows there are (on one side) for the entire length of the track. Multiply that number by the pitch (2.52").

For example, using 2.52 pitch, a 124" track should have 49 windows and a 136" track should have 54.

Also check the overall track width, which the standard is 15". If the pitch is not 2.52 and the length doesn't come out to 124" or 136", then you have an oddball. Otherwise you have a standard track that will fit most machines.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default The easy way....

Get the part number (should be in the rubber just like on tires) and look it up then cross reference it.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default thanks

thanks guys I'll do that in the am.